engine wont shut off!! i know there is a nother thread about this but mine is diff

rattlebox93

ok im and idiot i treid taking the fuel pin OUT i put a bolt throught the diaphram hole and away i went ran the sh*t out of it and it ran great but puked fuel everywhere ok i put the pin back in and now the engine wont shut off i have power to the shut down solinoid when the key is on and no power when the key is off it dont run nearly as good with the key off but it runs regardless so i have obvously broke somthing inside the pump any ides thanks dj

Because you said it runs worse with the key off it makes me think that you just tore the Fuel shut off. If you tore a chunk out of the little rubber plug in there than just enough fuel could get by to sustain the engine.

Pull the FSS and inspect the bottom of the pad. If there are little chunks missing than you can just sand it flat again and reinstall it. If that turns out to be the problem, I would suggest turning down the power screw a tiny bit or get larger injectors to relieve the case pressure which is the prime cause for tearing FSS's. Take a gander at it and keep us updated.

The plunger acts directly on the pumping element. There isn't anything that can break inside the pump that would cause a run-on if the shut-down solenoid is operating correctly.

thanks guys i havent had a lick of trouble until tonite when i screwed with the fuel pin i started to take the pump top off until it started raining and i have my boat and a customers vehicle in the shop so i am out in the rain lol i will get it apart tomarro and let you guys know ...i really do need a larger set of injectors i have the fuel screw bottomed out and no idle screws anymore it idles at what it wants to lol i have put down 235 hp with stock charger and sticks tho i thought that was pretty good... i ahve another question for you i have a he351 off a commonrail that im going to put on there what size injectors would you go with i was thinking some 5x12's ? or are they to big

mabye i shout try some 6x13's then i heard first gens like 6 hole injectors and they arent hardly any bigger than 5x14's tworline puts down some dam good numbers with with 6x13's

no im gonna take the pump top off i cant get a wrench in there to get the sds off so im just gonna take the pump top off cause it is still leaking fuel into the aneroid and im gonna take the afc lever out while im at it

OOh alright. guess I miss-read. good luck. I was thinking about pulling my AFC lever but I am getting plenty of fuel as is. As soon as I get my HX50 mounted up I'll be able to see weather I can run more fuel or not.

got a new sds today (liftime warrenty from o rileys took the afc out put it all back togeather runs like a raped ape and shuts off on its own i would only hit 24 lbs of boost now it will peg my 30lb gauge and hold it so everything is good thanks for your help dj

ok well spoke too soon my little bro was giving me sh*t so i had to go out and smoke his firebird and in the process at another sds SOOO how big of injectors do i need to keep things friendly? i am looking a set of 300 or 370's would that be plenty to keep sds's in it or no?

I am pretty sure 370's would do the trick. It took a lot for me to blow my first 3 FSS's because my non I/C injectors are bigger than the I/C injectors so pretty much you just need something to really move that fuel out of the pump. I would suggest 6x16's but that is just me...go big or go home. I have 6X18's which are more for twin turbo setups and my 4th FSS has held up longer than the first 3 put together. It all depends on weather you want to upgrade your lift system/turbo or not.

i already have a carter pump and i just wanna keep fss's in it i still have the stock turbo for now i have a he351 to go on it but i need a down pipe and new intercooler piping before i can do the turbo i just want somthing so i can keep fss in it they are free now cause of the warrentee but orileys wont like giving me one a week lol will he stock charger keep 370's cool? or is it gonna get toasty with em keep in mind i have the afc deleted no idle screwes the linkage has been messed with u cant squeeze any more power out of a stock truck and i still have a boat to pull without burning up my engine

I am going to assume that with all these fuel mods and no air mods you have at least an EGT guage??? I think if you drive like a grandma you should be fine on the stock charger and 370's for a while. Keep in mind that people dyno better with a modified AFC than no AFC at all. I will never do this mod because of that fact. I tried my sticks with the stock turbo and rode it hard till about 5 minuets into the maiden voyage when my exhaust wheel turned into a frag grenade. your setup doesn't seem to be as volatile as mine so you should be ok but try to be quick about the air mods.

thats what i have on it now is a cableand im kinda steering twards 300's cause i still wanna be able to pull my boat you are correct the only thing i have done for air mods are cooler tubz but yes i have a boost press pyro and tach as well as oil press oil temp and water temp aftermarket gauges so i have the monitering down

Right on, well it looks like you got it covered. gitchya them fancy injectors and you should be set. Unless you already have a place to buy from, maybe you should check Ne Era Diesel's prices, they do a lot of custom edm stuff.

Back