england rods?

SCarty

Cummins application. Are england rods ok for high rpm application? I know usa and brazils are fine, not sure about the rest tho. I was thinking mexico s and japan s weren't best but its been a few yrs since I've heard the goods on rods and don't seem to remember or find it on the search function.

England rods are good. You will have no problem.
1 USA rods are the best.
2 England
3 Brazil
4 Mexico
5 Japan (Don't use them. Throw away if possable)

I know a person that did a metallurgical test on the rods. And thats how he ranked them.

How much difference is between the top 4? I've heard that the Japanese rods aren't very good. Is there a large difference between the US and Mex. rods?

How many rpm are we talking? I've got englands and I spin them until I run out of fuel with no concerns.

You won't have any problem with the first 4, runnin over 5k, but i would'nt use the japan stuff.

I have heard of the metallurgical tests that were done, and why I find it hard to believe is the sample size was so small. Maybe the best of the USA were tested, and the worst of the Japans were tested. I know of USA rods that failed, so while the data is nice that someone took the time to do it, I think you would need to increase the sample size and make sure you have diversity among the dates of manufacture.

Zstroken you are correct. But we all know that any part can fail. No matter what it is. I have seen billet rods broke in half. We are doing things to the rods that they wer'nt ment to do. Like spining them at over 5k. I'm sure that the engineer that made the rods never thought we would be doing what we are doing now.

ive had brazils that scattered at 5k on stock bolts and had a set of usa s that held fine at 5500+ on A-1 bolts

well that was back when i didnt have a clue and im sure if u ask the right ppl i prolly still dont have a clue lol

Back