Ever wanted to be Darren Morrison for just a few minutes?

Hell yeah you should have. That "almost" blowout was pretty hairy.

Thats awesome. Im sure your running a Linco? Do they all use a clutch or do that offer them with a converter and trans brake?. Can the next video be 1/4 mile record? :D

U can.put a bruno unit on it and run a converter but u want have lockup but u can run a trans brake with it

Very cool.

Speak slowly and clearly for us dummies. The hand throttle is hooked to a pedal too? I was wondering wtf until I watched the burnout again.

Haven't been in the truck recently, but I believe the hand throttle is a redundant throttle used for launch. Once his foot is off the brake at launch he slides it over to the throttle pedal, freeing his hands for steering if needed, 1-2, 2-3 shifts, and chute. That right, Darren?

How he manages to keep his faculties about him and remember to clinch his anus enough through all that to not sh!t himself, I'll never know... Looks like the boy is playing whack-a-mole in there at 150mph.

Last edited:
U have to pull.the chute about perfect evey time to not need the part they opened up for the oh **** moment but i blew the tires off when hit third so there was plenty

So it would have run a 4.6x if here hadn't been copious amounts of tire shake?

Haven't been in the truck recently, but I believe the hand throttle is a redundant throttle used for launch. Once his foot is off the brake at launch he slides it over to the throttle pedal, freeing his hands for steering if needed, 1-2, 2-3 shifts, and chute. That right, Darren?

How he manages to keep his faculties about him and remember to clinch his anus enough through all that to not sh!t himself, I'll never know... Looks like the boy is playing whack-a-mole in there at 150mph.

Your exactly rite

So it would have run a 4.6x if here hadn't been copious amounts of tire shake?

Sounds like a new unofficial record to me.

Very cool video. I would carry an extra fire suit in the trailer if that was me.

Awesome gotta love the go pro. We shoulda used it in the pits more lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Someone asked about that before and he stated that staging the truck with a hand throttle was much easier, once he lets the hammer fall it's all on foot throttle after that.

Crazy how quick everything happens in the 1/8th, almost no time to think!

Jim

I will never forget the first time I saw this truck do a burnout in person. I have never heard tires rip that hard once they hook.

Back