exhaust brake question

rpainter

I got a friend who has a 07.5 with a 6-speed and he wants to do a 2nd gen swap with a s467 on his truck. But he also wants to run a 3rd gen elbow bd exhaust brake on it . my question is will it bolt up to the s400 frame turbo and how would one get it to activate if i can get it installed?? Thanks

Tell him to add a 475 as a compound to his stock charger or forget about an exhaust brake. I once put a 3rd gen turbo mounted brake on an s400. What a pita!

he already has the exhaust brake on hand and his factory turbo is on its way out.

Keep us updated. I've been wanting the same thing but have yet to talk to anyone that has done it. So far all I hear is forget about the EB and enjoy the extra power. But I tow and need the EB.

I would never use the favtory charger if I could possibly stay away from it.

I would never use the favtory charger if I could possibly stay away from it.

People with no experience say things like that.
The factory VGT is an extremely good turbo.

Upgrade to an HE431Ve if you need more exhaust flow or an HE451Ve if you want more horsepower.

People with no experience say things like that.
The factory VGT is an extremely good turbo.

Upgrade to an HE431Ve if you need more exhaust flow or an HE451Ve if you want more horsepower.

So you just contridicted yourself. You said I was wrong, by saying what I said. However, the factory turbo is extremly good, but if you want more exhaust flow or more hp capability, upgrade to a larger charger.

Back