Exhaust manifold install

J-Pipes

Trying to install a used ats manifold that has provision for external wastegate, and I think that's what's in the way of this bracket. I was intending on using the factory bolt for the bracket, but it won't clear the manifold. Just looking for ideas for a solution
61d2b948b7b73386bbdd16700705dfd3.jpg

Is that to support one of the coolant lines? If so I had to fabricate a method to secure it to the riser boss that runs vertically. All of their manifolds are that way.

Ok, think that's what the line is, something to do with the heater my guess. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks

After looking at that line some more, would there be any reason not to eliminate the steel line, and run a rubber line instead. Tried to draw some lines on a pic to show what I'm thinking, green line is the current steel line, red is where I'm thinking of running a new line.
77083e7d1868e7f80e10542175eb83a3.jpg

It's metal because of the heat from the manifold! If a stock bolt and spacer with threaded end doesn't fit use a hose clamp to secure it to the manifold.

My worry is there is very very little clearance for the line between the turbo flange and the wastegate flange, and that if I clamp it as is, it's going to rub on one and eventually leak. If heat is the only reason for the steel line, I'd think my proposed line route would work fine as it'd be well below the manifold, and basically come straight up to the existing soft line. If I'm wrong, please elaborate.

Why not just bend your own steel line to accomplish the same task?

After looking at that line some more, would there be any reason not to eliminate the steel line, and run a rubber line instead. Tried to draw some lines on a pic to show what I'm thinking, green line is the current steel line, red is where I'm thinking of running a new line.

Just keep in mine that you don't want any humps in the line, or it'll be tough to get the air out and then your heat will be pretty crappy.

That'd be nice, but I don't have anything to bend it with. Copper tubing keeps popping into my head, but I'd think that'd look pretty ghetto. Have to wrap it with something to hide it if I did that.

I adapted the pipe fitting to 5/8 and bent a 5/8 stainless tube how I needed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back