F-450 re-gearing options

oldschoolPSD

My Trucks are Obsolete
Are there any companies making 4:10 or taller gears for the F-450? Mine has 4:30's (the highest I could get from Ford) and it's just too deep for highway cruising.

This truck is going to see a lot of highway miles (and a lot of miles in general) so I think I will make up for the cost of the gear swap in fuel savings and wear on the motor (i.e. not turning 2500rpms at 65mph) :bang

If a US Gear would work.....it could be an option? I believe you can get them up to 20 over, I think.

A 3.90 would be a good choise.. I dont think you would see much from a 4.30 to a 4.10. Dont know where to tell you o look though. Good luck

what are the axles in a 450 again? Is your truck 4wd? If so, I'm sure you can make some decent money back with them for sale on here and the web. Many people would like to use those but they're only available through Ford. Regardless, I'm sure you can get a 3.73 as you can get it for a D60, D70, D80 and a Sterling 10.5, and you have to have one of those.

Last edited:
Racing4funn said:
A 3.90 would be a good choise.. I dont think you would see much from a 4.30 to a 4.10. Dont know where to tell you o look though. Good luck

3.90 would be great... I'm gonna put in a call to US gear tommorow

it's a Dana "Super 60" front and a Dana 110 rear I belive.

oldschoolPSD said:
Are there any companies making 4:10 or taller gears for the F-450? Mine has 4:30's (the highest I could get from Ford) and it's just too deep for highway cruising.

This truck is going to see a lot of highway miles (and a lot of miles in general) so I think I will make up for the cost of the gear swap in fuel savings and wear on the motor (i.e. not turning 2500rpms at 65mph) :bang

i have 4.30 s in my 350 and 75 fr me is right at 2900 rpm. and where the wife drives it sure does scream 3100:ft:

i to wouldnt mind dropping in a aux tranny to get me some lower rpms at cruise speeds when empty

Front not a problem....rear, hmmmm...i dont know of where you would get them; maybe someone else does.

Id rather just throw bigger tires on it! lol

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Front not a problem....rear, hmmmm...i dont know of where you would get them; maybe someone else does.

Id rather just throw bigger tires on it! lol

Funny you mention that, I was thinking of some 22.5's anyways 'bling' 'bling' :hehe:

Back