F106 weight/Pro Mod build

Even a pair of 6 ply Pit Bulls will be WAY lighter than my duals and spacer we run with DOT's currently. But we have always ran 15" wheels and load range C tires and saved weight there... Finally putting a pair of Mud Grapplers on front for this season, haven't decided if I want to pay price they get for 4 more on the rear, or try a different aggressive tire...

Even a pair of 6 ply Pit Bulls will be WAY lighter than my duals and spacer we run with DOT's currently. But we have always ran 15" wheels and load range C tires and saved weight there... Finally putting a pair of Mud Grapplers on front for this season, haven't decided if I want to pay price they get for 4 more on the rear, or try a different aggressive tire...

I think shane still has his crushers sitn around.

I'm not recommending the 2 ply nichols to anyone, other than a garden tractor puller.
I'm just saying any tire is lighter than a 6 ply pitbull.
The last set I weighed on MRT wheels was 130 lbs! And they were cut.

Where are yall getting your intermediate shafts and tunnels from? I'm thinking couplers instead of joints. Also thinking about piecing my own intermediate tunnel together, but if somebody is doing them at a decent price I might just buy it. Some thing aren't worth messing with. Are the ODL diesel guy running couplers?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Where are yall getting your intermediate shafts and tunnels from? I'm thinking couplers instead of joints. Also thinking about piecing my own intermediate tunnel together, but if somebody is doing them at a decent price I might just buy it. Some thing aren't worth messing with. Are the ODL diesel guy running couplers?

I have a driveshaft between mine but I only turn 55-6000

Yep. I'm talking the possibility of 9000+.....

Many many high reving N/A and blower trucks just run an encased driveshaft/u-joint setup

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What size joints?

Guys in our class are running small 1310 joints...lots of rpm but very little torque which is the reason you used to see driveline brakes mounted on the mid shaft because you can almost stop them with your hand!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bad Mannerz, I almost forgot you are running a gasser. When you said 9000+ rpm, I was ready to buy a ticket to watch that 1st pass. It would still be fun to watch you run. The sound of a motor turning rpms is music to my ears.

the kit I purchased was from scheid, believe it to be a profab intermediate with couplers and shielding, the set-up will be on a truck out of cedar falls iowa running mainly with outlaw as a 2.6 setup

The shafts and couplers can be gotten from Profab or SCS.
The alum shielding pipe can be gotten off Ebay or google alum pipe or tube
Speedy Metals, I think is where I gotten it before, you get just the length you need.
I just got 2 sizes and they slide together to remove it.

I've ran the intermediate shaft with couplers, I believe 1&3/4" 10 spline....I bought my ProFab Dropbox and Reverser used, came with 2 sets of intermediate shaft and shielding, but only one set of couplers.

I used the longer set because they slid my Dropbox back far enough that I could use 2 one piece driveshafts and didn't need a carrier bearing on rear driveshaft.

Picked up the rear tires and wheels at Keystone last weekend. Double bead lock 15x20 Reals with Pitbulls.
c1230cea49fe60218789828098949ee5.jpg
85f4ad78d6f1601dfdc31a18de437654.jpg

Back