Factory Fog Light Upgrade

F350-CAMPER

Has anyone replaced those stupid Fog lights in the front bumper with anything any better. I'd light to use the same housing or something simular in the same location. Need a longer range driving light setup. already converted to HID 6000k in the headlights....Steve

Rich, What was the 900x part number for the fog lights. I put those silver stars in when I was on the phone with you and was pretty happy with the simple swap.

Thaks for the Info, I put in the SS Ultras, but I'm trying to get a HID appearance but also a long range light pattern. These factory lights throw a broad short light pattern.I understand that PIAA has the SMR520's . just wondering if any has tried anything as far as a replacement...Thanks ...Steve

The Hella Micro FF is a really nice factory upgrade. I run them on mine and they are bright as fook. Nice lights indeed and not too expensive at $120 a pair.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Micro_FF.asp

microff.jpg

9005 high beam bulbs, Doug....or anyone else looking for a cheap upgrade to the fogs. That and the Steveracer mod go a long way towards making things brighter at night.

A lil hard to see in this pic.. but you can fit 3 KC long range lights in there.. Also KC makes replacement fog brackets to house them... these KCs kill my 6K hids I had in the factory fogs.

CIMG3504.jpg

Fog Light replacements

Now were talking, Rockstar thats what I am looking for. And you said that KC has a adapter plate that fits in this space. Now I know where to start. And a great looking finish on that truck. what is it looks like alot of clearcoat or something.....Steve

His mirrors, badges, and bumpers are painted. Along with the grill. Looks good

Blk350on20s said:
His mirrors, badges, and bumpers are painted. Along with the grill. Looks good

ryan...did you notice his title

Fog lights

Thanks Rockstar, Allready ordered 2 pairs of brackets,?? which lights fit in that hole, deffinatly want driving, or has anyone tried piaa, or other's now that the bracket is availalble, and what do ya think of wiring it off the factiory harness, use the low current from the switch, to power the relay for the lights...You ifo is very much appreciated. Just started building up the accessory end of my truck...Thanks Again...Steve

I have 3 of the stainless steel Long range 5x7 lights or better known as the 57 series. The fog light bracket # at KC is (Ford Superduty # 7305) in case anyone wanted to know. The long rang put out 167,000 candle power compared to the 57,000 (driving lights). As for the wiring I retrofitted in upfitters in my 04 but If I where to use the fog light option.. I would wire up a relay to the lights then find the Trigger wire for the fogs. That would be a pretty clean install with no switches and being able to use the factory ford light switch to activate the lights when you pulled it out. I would browse online before I bought the lights from KC I don't remember the site I got mine from but I ordered a pair and a singe and it came out more reasonable then KC's factory site. Also the light covers come in different colors so you can pretty much color match your truck.. Here is another old pic but it shows the lights/covers better... Hope that helps you at all
pics022-1.jpg

Factory Fog lights

Attn Rockstar...I sent you a email. I'm going to install my lights tonight and was wondering about the third light in the middle, did you just hang it from the top of the bumper, since theres no tab at the bottom, or did you do something else, let me know....Thanks....Steve

tahnks Rockstar

I tried to respond to your message, Guees being at work its blocked ,Got your message and thanks again....Steve

F350-CAMPER said:
I tried to respond to your message, Guees being at work its blocked ,Got your message and thanks again....Steve

Killer, hope it works out for ya

05BHD said:
hey rockstar what size wheel/tire setup you running?

22x9.5 Xd Rockstars on Kumho ECSTA STX 305/45R22 so almost 33's

I almost put in a pair of these Fuegos from Baja Designs, but didn't want to fab a new bracket for them.

613280big.jpg

I just took the stock bulbs out and installed an HID bulb w/ ballast. They are so much brighter and it is very nice to tow with them on. Only thing is it pisses people off that are coming toward you, oh well!

Back