Famoso: Casper needs less test, and more tune.

McRat

Casper flunked out at Famoso.:bang

I made a number of changes all at once: gears, converter, locker, ECM tuning, transmission tuning, turbocharger, delete nitrous, etc.

That is never a recipe for success, and I baked up a steamy pile instead.:kick:

We spooled great. Got good sixty's - 1.63, 1.56 IIRC, and even perhaps an OK 1/8th ET, with a first pass of 7.1 @ 95 and second of 7.3 @ 78 (lifted way early).

I never got a real 1/4 ET because I was told I was racing 1/8th. But the first pass had 11.2 @ 114 on the board??? I shut down after early since I thought there would be no 1/4 slip.

None of the MPH on these adds up.

But both passes the truck took a dump at 330' feet, coughed, vibrated, bursted.

I could have run it one more pass, but elected not to since I did not have a clue what was the truck was up to. Didn't want an ugly surprise, and have no intention of seeing if the fire jacket actually works! :D

I had a great time and I would like to thank:

Diesel World - who started it alll.
NADM - the umbrella org and staffing
Famoso - for putting up with us.
Tim and the rest of the CompD crew for showing they are the #1 diesel competition board.
All my friends and fellow diesel lunatics for making it a great event.
Robert, my friend and wrench, Dan from PPE, and Ralph for pit crew duties.
And the diesel fans for showing the track that diesel jockeys are serious racers.
Of course a big hug to Tom and Allison for putting up with Mom and Dad's racing.

Hopefully we will find the gremlin and squish it shortly.

Kat set a new best of 12.65 @ 105.x in Wendy due to the Banks Ram Air intake, but that's a different story. :D

Noticed you put it away early Pat, was wondering why. Testing Nomex is never fun. LOL

Noticed you put it away early Pat, was wondering why. Testing Nomex is never fun. LOL

After watching the videos, I think I know what's up.

Bunch of smoke suddenly at mid-track is air getting choked off.

Pat
What's with this 1/8 only crap for this class? 1/8 mile is for burnouts only. Guy and I are building a truck for this class and I guarantee I would not pull it out of the shop for an 1/8 mile race.

Pat
What's with this 1/8 only crap for this class? 1/8 mile is for burnouts only. Guy and I are building a truck for this class and I guarantee I would not pull it out of the shop for an 1/8 mile race.

I'm being called every name in the book over this.

Call me.

Back