Fass/ Air Dog- Add in line or Replacement?

me1magoo

So- my first new thread-
I am considering adding a bit of insurance for my fuel system, a Fass or Air Dog or Raptor type transfer fuel pump. I do not plan on adding a complete pump and filter system. I have the factory pump in the tank. My question is- does this
a- just add in line with the fuel line coming from the tank or
b- is the factory lift pump in the tank removed or
c- do you cap off the factory fuel pump lines, unhook it and drop the tank to add a new pick up?

I have a 2005 CTD 325/610
I have added an AEM brute force cold air intake, Bully Dog Triple Dog and Aero Turbine 4040 muffler as well as pyrometer, boost and eng oil temp gauges. I have a manual 6 speed with a Valair OFE clutch (toasted the stocker pretty quick with the tuner). I am shopping for fuel pressure gauges (lift pressure at filter and rail pressure gauges) and considering the need to upgrade/ replace the factory lift pump at this point. I searched and searched, but it seems I can't find the answer to how this goes in with the newer in tank units already there.:blahblah1::thankyou2:

I have heard that u can and cant pull thru the factory intank pump. The fass/airdog/raptor all come with now lines and pickup tubes. The intank pump stays in, u just un wire it so it cant turn on. U still use the factory return from the engine to the tank line but u no longer use the factory feed line. For the units with the filters, U will return fuel from the pump to the tank using the factory feed port on top of the canister.

If you are looking at a Raptor they are like $440. Forj ust $60 more, you can get the whole AirDog system with the filters.

I am hoping that in some way I can just "add" a pump inline with the factory one, to prevent cutting and installing a new suction line in the tank. There are a lot of options, but none of them as far as I can find explain going inline WITH the in tank factory pump. I can't see how it would hurt, even if the factory pump failed wouldn't the new one just pull through it?
Hoping someone will have a "yes I did THIS" or "nope, you're screwed", at least then I would know for sure what to get.
Thanks for the info guys.

How about the BD 1050226 kit? It looks to be an "add on" inline pump to boost flow and pressure. Anyone try that for a "slightly" modified need?

well usually when any1 is upgrading the stock lift pump all the FASS/AD systems delete the original in tank pump. & those that have walbro pumps one or two still have a 2nd draw line in the tank they dont piggy back them together w/ just one feed line. If you get FASS or AD your stock in tank pump will be obsolete.

For your application you will by pass your existing in tank pump by installing a new 1/2" suction tube. You will run from there to your AirDog and from the AirDog directly to your injection pump, by passing you stock fuel filter. The AirDog has its own regulator and return that will be sent back to the tank via the filler neck. Shoot me an email over to anthony@pureflowtechnologies.com and I can get you a copy of an install manual.

Back