FASS Quiet Motor update and wnty extention....

Diesel-Dan

Just another Texas Boy...
Here is a Vid of an HPFP that was LOUD....granted he had it mounted in a weird spot, and it resonated more than it should...but it was Loud by our standards....turns out he had a worn bearing in the motor.

Here is a 150 GPH HPFP in the same truck that has the noise update. Its a lot better than the first one. Again, its mounted in a spot that will resonate more than if it was under the bed.

Here is a 95 GPH HPFP in the same truck. This is the quietest of all the pumps. Even in a spot that is not the best to mount the pump, it very manageable.

Here is a vid of Brads truck. We had this FASS 95/95-1007 Pump on his truck for a while. BUT i randomly took out one of our replacement pumps we had on shelf and swapped it out on his kit. This is the vid of how it turned out.

I dont know if i posted this here or not...but here is the info for anyone with a loud FASS/HPFP and wants to do something about it:

Well we have some very exciting news about what we have been working on the past few months. We have had a breakthrough with our R&D. We have found a way to lower pump noise up to 11 decibels from our testing. Our fuel pumps are consistently much quieter. For Example: Brads truck. He has a 2006 Dodge 3500. With the engine off and the windows down sitting in the cab, you can not hear the FASS running. So you can imagine with the engine running, the pump can’t be heard at all.

Granted, most of the pumps we released were quiet. We have seen some of you wish that your pumps were a bit quieter. We have listened and now have a program to reduce the noise. Here are the details:

For those with a seal on your pump (Lead seal and wire between the two horizontal motor bolts on the HPFP base or T-Block assembly of the FASS System. We have record of what pumps have seals and what pumps do not.), you will need to send in your upper half of your pump for the update if it is a FASS. The unit does not need to be removed from the truck to remove the T-Block portion. HPFP's can be sent in as is. We do not want seals to be broken by anyone outside of our shop. If this happens, warranty will be void on that unit. We understand that this is an inconvenience (This is one of the reasons why we adjusted our warranty policy that is discussed later in this post) and this update will not cost anything but the initial shipping to send it to us. We will do what is necessary to make sure your pump is quieter when it is returned. We will run full tests to ensure a healthy pump. What we will need to accompany the pump is the following information:

-Serial Number of pump
-Name
-Correct Return Address (No P.O. Boxes)
-Put Number 2007-10,000 on outside of box

Please send in the full HPFP, with no fittings and mounting brackets installed.

We only need the upper half of the FASS system to be sent in.

This is the portion directly above the water separator that bolts to the filter base. It’s held on by 4 vertical (Up and Down) bolts, not the 4 horizontal (Left to Right) bolts with the seal! Removed this portion and send in to us for the update.

For those without the seals on the pump, we give you two options. You can send in your pump like above or purchase an update kit for $15.00. This includes everything needed to update the pump in about 30-45 minutes. The order will be processed and an update kit will be drop shipped directly to you. Very simple. Instructions will have more details about tools needed and what’s involved. What you will need to do is send in a $15.00 Check or money order to:

Diesel Performance Products
ATTN: Noise Update #2007-10,000
16240 Hwy O, Suite B
Marthasville, MO 63357

Include the following information:

-Serial Number of pump
-Name
-Correct Return Address (No P.O. Boxes)

Lastly, we are so confident in the changes we have made to improve the FASS/HPFP in the past year that we have decided to increase the warranty from 4 years to 6 years!! But this is not for just the new units being released or units being updated. This will be back dated to pump sold to July 2005. The serial number brakes are as follows:

95 Series FASS System: - ALL
150 Series FASS Systems: - Serial Numbers Back to 5,000
HPFP Models: - Serial Numbers Back to 1,000

We understand there are other options for fuel pumps on the market and appreciate your loyalty to our product. We are constantly improving and refining our pump to be the best on the market. This program and warranty upgrade is a way to say thanks for sticking with us. Here's to a New Year!

The 150/180 prototype y'all sent me at Diesel Innovations is real loud...but I kinda like it. Think I'll just leave her alone.

UNBROKEN said:
The 150/180 prototype y'all sent me at Diesel Innovations is real loud...but I kinda like it. Think I'll just leave her alone.

Yeah.....thoes will talk to you some.....but we have had a few 200 GPH pumps that suprised the heck out of us.......we can only get better from this point on.

We have also noted that most of the PSDs out there really only need the 90 GPH @ 55 PSI unit....unless something stupid has been done to the truck! haha.....

Hows that kit working for you? Got pressure readings......we havent got alot of feed back on those kits just yet.......and they are one of my faves we offer!

I've run it with and without the boost reference hooked up on my SX regulator...without...it's rock solid at 55 PSI fropm idle to WOT.
With the reference hooked up it ramps to 75 PSI at WOT.
I couldn't be happier with it...and recomend them every chance I get.

I don't know exactly how "stupid" my truck is....but it traps over 110 mph on 22" street tires at 7600 lbs...so it's kind of ignorant. LOL

UNBROKEN said:
I've run it with and without the boost reference hooked up on my SX regulator...without...it's rock solid at 55 PSI fropm idle to WOT.
With the reference hooked up it ramps to 75 PSI at WOT.
I couldn't be happier with it...and recomend them every chance I get.

I don't know exactly how "stupid" my truck is....but it traps over 110 mph on 22" street tires at 7600 lbs...so it's kind of ignorant. LOL

Yeah....its hot.....but if David had anything to do with it......haha......

Glad you like the kit! Thanks for the kind words!

mass diesel taking care of it for me right now , hopefully it will be here by the weekend, fass pumps are the best and i would buy another if needed ,

Back