FASS/ Stock pump

Diesel_Dan said:
There is not a VP-44 on this earth that can run away from the 95 GPH FASS. You had other issues going on with your FASS or lines sucking air. Cavitation...something......I have WAY to many units on 500-600 Trucks with no issues at all with 1.5 PSI pressure drops. ALSO when your pressure drops, your volume to your IP pump goes up.

Can we assume you are refering to cowboyup20x?

dan

Or anyone that thinks the FASS cant keep up with a VP-44.

I think you would be wasiting your time running through the stock lift pump. BUT you could use it to transfer flow from on tank to the other....Brad has a HPFP doing this on his truck with a 100 Gallon Tank. You have to go slow to let the pressure bleed off and stop when the needle get to the full mark or you will make a mess.......

Diesel_Dan said:
Or anyone that thinks the FASS cant keep up with a VP-44.

I think you would be wasiting your time running through the stock lift pump. BUT you could use it to transfer flow from on tank to the other....Brad has a HPFP doing this on his truck with a 100 Gallon Tank. You have to go slow to let the pressure bleed off and stop when the needle get to the full mark or you will make a mess.......

That's what I was thinking, use it to transfer to the main tank. I transfer now but it just uses gravity.
It's made a mess a few times now, if I forget to turn the valve off it will run down the side of the truck. Nasty.
I have no problems with me FASS at the moment. The only time I was able to get it below 14psi was when I was testing a Smarty. Pulled it down to 12.

COOL!

FYI, if you ever get a big pressure drop going on, here is some causes to check out-

Intank Restriction
Fuel pressure gauge....(I HATE isolators...makes my job that much harder! We get a ton of calls that end up being the isolator in the end.)
Fuel filter restricion

Thoes are the more common things to check......

I got rid of that damn isolator, talk about a pain.

I've only changed the fuel filter once in the last 40K and not because it was causing a problem, i was just starting to think it must be getting dirty...

dan

zukgod1 said:
I got rid of that damn isolator, talk about a pain.

I've only changed the fuel filter once in the last 40K and not because it was causing a problem, i was just starting to think it must be getting dirty...

dan

I got people getting well over 60,000 on these filters...the will hold a TON of junk....BUT that also depends on where you get your fuel too.......

Good to know about the filter change, what is the average. I get my fuel from a truck stop every time, with large turn over so it should be very clean. And the water separator, how often should it get cleaned out, Thanks.

Diesel_Dan said:
There is not a VP-44 on this earth that can run away from the 95 GPH FASS. You had other issues going on with your FASS or lines sucking air. Cavitation...something......I have WAY to many units on 500-600 Trucks with no issues at all with 1.5 PSI pressure drops. ALSO when your pressure drops, your volume to your IP pump goes up.

After you have to get out and bleed the injection lines a couple of times, you start to think about changing parts around. Plus having to run antifreeze back to the FASS to heat it was a pain in the butt. My truck gelled up 4 times this winter, so I gave up on that whole deal.

I had a 150gph FASS, and changed the filters every 30k. I pulled my pickup and it was not dirty. I did only have 1-2 psi drops, but my pump would run dry under WOT all the time. My setup cost a little more then the FASS, but it runs circles around it my book. Not call it junk, but I know the truck runs better now then it did before.

haz-mat19 said:
Good to know about the filter change, what is the average. I get my fuel from a truck stop every time, with large turn over so it should be very clean. And the water separator, how often should it get cleaned out, Thanks.

The water Sep.....Drain it every other fill up or so. Clean it out when you change your fuel filter.......use your judgement...if its full of junk, and you can get all of it out....just replace it.

SO, what's the best way to clean out the water separator?
Is there a filter media in there as well?

I hate to change filters prematurely so the more info the better.

dan

zukgod1 said:
SO, what's the best way to clean out the water separator?
Is there a filter media in there as well?

I hate to change filters prematurely so the more info the better.

dan

Its a 140 Micron Wire Screen. Gas works well to clean the filter out.....

I have all the parts to do the exact same setup as cowboyup, I just have been too lazy to get around to it.

I have seen the improvment on cowboyup's truck, with the FASS it would run the injection lines dry, with the A1000, it doesn't.

Besides, I would trust fuel system components made by Aeromotive long before a FASS.

I am intrigued on this finding on the F.a.s.s. pump running the lines dry....

What psi do you keep the Aeromotive Racing pump?? I was gonna go the same route with a racing fuel pump in place of my F.a.s.s.

Smokem said:
Oooooooo, burn baby burn. Lookin to make some enemies in a hurry huh?

EH....i dont worry about it.....i know our pump works just fine. And i will stand by my statment that there is no VP-44 that can out run a 95 GPH pump. (Much less a 150 GPH) Period. Something else was not right in the set up. I got WAY too many guys over 600 HP that prove that. BUT moot point now. Glad ya'll have found another system that works........

Last edited:
RacinDuallie said:
I am intrigued on this finding on the F.a.s.s. pump running the lines dry....

What psi do you keep the Aeromotive Racing pump?? I was gonna go the same route with a racing fuel pump in place of my F.a.s.s.

For those of you that don't believe me about the lines, just ask Jeff Garmon. I just didn't have good luck with my FASS, maybe just one of the few.

As for psi, I run my at 14.5 +/-. I did however have the water drain on the factory fuel canister go bad two days ago. Started spraying fuel out of it when it was off?!?!?! Bought a new one for $10, good to go now. I never see more then 1 psi drop under wot.

Back