FASS trouble NEED HELP!

rick stark

Diesel Dummy
Ok, heres the low down, i had a 95/150 heavy duty series LP and was driving down the road, stopped at a light and the truck died. So i looked down and saw that i only had a quarter tank (never had any problems with it before, i could run it empty before then) truck started back up but acted like it had no fuel. And after that the pump wasnt really acting the way it was supposed to, it was loud, pulsing, "grinding/groaning" and would hardly prime the system (im guessing). And also you could hear the inj. pump prime with truck off and pump on before. So i thought it sucked a bunch of air and screwed up the motor or something like that...

So recently i replaced just the motor to a 150gph and it didnt really fix anything. And this past weekend i replaced both filters and put on the Hellmanns Performance sump(running through stock sending unit before)...it helped but not much at all but fixed my quarter tank problem. My only worries is that im going hurt the inj. pump if the LP isnt putting the fuel to it and if im loosing any performance.

I herd and was reading about springs and a 5/8 buna ball on #4931 and up...i dont really get all that. I was thinking that might be the problem but i dont know...

Any help would be very much appreciated! What should i do and what would be best.

Pictures will help a lot also! Thanks, Rick

1st step- take fass off truck
2nd step- open garbage can
3rd step- throw fass in can
4th step- buy airdog
5th step-install airdog
6th step- have fun

lol sry i have a large hate for fass i had a couple on my truck and had nothing but problems with them and it sounds like u are having the same problems i had good luck

1st step- take fass off truck
2nd step- open garbage can
3rd step- throw fass in can
4th step- buy airdog
5th step-install airdog
6th step- have fun

lol sry i have a large hate for fass i had a couple on my truck and had nothing but problems with them and it sounds like u are having the same problems i had good luck

WIN

lol if u contact mike at Garofalo ent he knows more about those pumps then i do and thats were i bought my old fass he is a really good guy very smart and he would be able to help u more oh and by the way he is now a airdog dealer lol his number is 5707022226 or u can go to his website and email him its garofaloent.com

hey one more thing check the fuel line coming from your tank to your injection pump and by check i mean run a cheap piece of rubber line.. i had a very similar problem to u and all it was was a pin hole in the line and it didnt leak out it would only suck air in an the truck ran like ****

Back