Fastest 1st Gen with a 12mm VE Fuel Only

heck yea congrats thats moving out. whats her setup if u dont mind sharing...

Nothing special. Just a small set of compounds i designed to keep the air ahead of the fuel curve. I built a 47rh trans with a goerend conv and vb. The fuel is pushed via a raptor pump set at 25psi. The injection pump is original with a few tweaks here and there. There is still more in it. I believe theres quite a bit left on the table. The suspention is mostly stock except for some tweaks i did here and there to help weight transfer. The main reason the truck does so well is the driver. She has been behind the wheel of that rig since she was 16 years old. The day she turned 16 we went out that weekend and i taught her to race at our local strip. She was running 19s and having the time of her life. Since then she has been bit hard by the bug and my wallet has been thin since. I wouldn't change it for the world. That's our main connection between us. Ill keep it going as long as i can. Sorry for the long post. Im just very proud and love her a lot.

Last time I weighed my truck it came in at 5100 pounds with me in it. I can't remember how much fuel I had. Since then I've pulled about 100 pounds out of the bed and swapped the stock bumper for one that's around 60 pounds. That's really sweet that you're getting so much out of a 12mm ve

No videos as of yet. We will try to get some next race. My wife would be the one to take them. She's so nervous every time our daughter lines up she shakes like a dog ****ting a stone.

Seems to hook ok. :evil

Attachments

• 999429_10201616634999053_866968978_n.jpg
    999429_10201616634999053_866968978_n.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0
I'd say so. I personally can't wait to hit the strip, just afraid something's going to break.

Seems to hook ok. :evil

Nice work by the both of you.

I'm going to assume the suspension mods gave up some towing capacity? I'd love to gain traction without giving up the ability to use my Dodge as a truck.

I see trucks hooking pretty decent with 3-4 leafs still in the rear. I would think 3 leafs and over loads that don't touch would be fine.

Brad your story reminds me of my gear head neighbor. He decided he would get his daughter involved in dwarf car racing, they are very close now more so than before. His wife goes to the track too but she has to sit in the stands she gets too nervous in the pits and around the track :hehe: Keep it up the rewards are obvious!

Back