Fastest et's in a six speed

JoeCochrane83

Picked up a 02 6 speed extra cab 2x a few months ago starting to make some power with it and im curious what people are running with these trannys. Any one breaking into the 12s? How many are even In The 13s? What's your setup and what clutch do you recommend?

The fastest manual is a six speed. It's a zf6 in a dmax though. I think an 11.8 or somewhere around there. A zf6 is a hell of a lot stronger then your nv5600 though. I've got a big pile of broken nv4500 and nv5600 parts from trying to drag race them. Clutch depends on your power level but a good dual disk or a triple. We've always ran Southbends but Valair, Haisley and Kenny's are good too. With any of them just tell them what you're doing and they will set you up. All the manuals we've drag raced are sporting automatics these days though. Pulling trannys every other time you go to the track gets old. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply I know the manual is the wrong way to go but I got a clean (except for one dent) 200k ho 6 speed with a lil rodent damage on a ground wire for 1500 bucks. Got 8k miles on since than and about $5k in her now. Last two were autos thought it would be fun to try out a manual. Truck is a daily driver work truck but I'd be stoked to lay down some mid 13s in her if its possible.

I've had a f450 with a zf and it was way easy to bang through the gears the 5600 feels like a worn out 15spd in my water truck.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZxlvaDHR4"]SS Diesel 12-second handshaker - YouTube[/ame]

I liked all of the stuff sliding out of the dash when he took off. lol

Guessing that was a g56 truck pattern looked a lot closer than mine and 5th is a total pia to find in my truck. Cool vid thanks.

My truck was a 5600 from the factory. Tried it a few timws at the track, got fed up and did an auto swap.

Drag racing a stock manual transmission Dodge diesel pickup is an expensive and "useless" endeavor.

If you read up on manual transmission drag racing guys that run the manual tranny to be "different" or "unique" or "I can row with the best of them"; they eventually stop racing, sell the truck and buy a factory auto truck, or do an automatic tranny swap and drop their ET's a solid 1 second with zero additional power modifications.

unless you plan on converting to a sequential tranny you are not keeping up with a auto

I say go for it. I love when people tell me that their standard pickup is fast, because chances are they will get beat by my slow auto. :hehe:

More weight spinning. The synchro needs to slow/speed up the input shaft to make the shift. Less weight, faster shifting.

I'm not trying to be fast I had a auto in the 600hp range I was just curious what a good driver can lay down with a hi hp six speed. If I ran a low 14 with 600hp in this truck I'd be surprised. Didn't buy it to tow it to the track I bought it to drive to work every day.

I've talked about building a super light weight back halved 2wd 06-07CR or 6.7 with a zf6 in it with a valair street triple just to see how fast I could go. Maybe some day

Last edited:
Back