Fastest Stock Engine and Turbo LB7???

duramaxgirl

Anyone know or read anything about the fastest stock LB7 out there???

Please let me know... I know the guys at DieselAddiction have the fastest stock engine/turbo LBZ... Im just wondering what the numbers are for an LB7...

Spray or no spray? twins or single? Trent Nell recently went 11.07 on a stock bottom end. Twins with no spray.

LB7

Camomax went 11.02 with stock everything W/spray. It has been a good year for the duramax. Jeff

I can't remember, but wasn't Buck Spruill's an LB7? Back when he was running a stock long block and turbo (and TONS of spray) I think he was running mid-10's.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

moss?? where can i look this truck up?? sorry im just not familiar with the names..

Yep Moss is the fastest follow by Tom Bacon ( thebac ) 12.40 @ stock turbo fuel only, Crew cab short bed .

It'd be cheating, but I'll bet Brad could put a stock turbo on DirtyMax and beat that #2-only time ;)

If I understood correctly, it had a stock long block at the end of last season (when the good one was out for repair).

Thanks for the shout-out, Trent.

To update, I ran 12.28@108.52 #2 only a couple weeks ago to finally best Jeremy's time. It was NOT easy to do. I backed it up with another 12.28 and a 12.29. Its currently the fastest fuel-only stock-turbo Duramax, all classes, as that was my goal from the beginning. I have my sights set on Buck and Jess's 12.18 next year.
Matt (camomax) set the record so low that I dont think anyone will ever beat that time with a stock turbo truck. Heck, many modded trucks cant even come close to it. Truely an amazing accomplishment by Matt and Jeff (stingpuller).

Stock engine with exhaust/intake/lift pump/modded regulator/PPE boostvalve, running the Duramaxtuner "12.40" racetune. I have a Merchant Automotive transmission.
Suspension setup is a huge factor in running a good time at the track. I had to add Caltracs and QA1 front shocks in order to get my 60s down in the 1.68 range and not wheelhop. I ran Toyo Proxes set at 36F/30R.
Also, you are not going to run faster than 12.50 or so at full weight. My truck weighs somewhere around 6450lbs in race trim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KAfAY1uR2c

Last edited:
That a hell of a good question, and I dont have an answer for you. Wish I did. I can say that my turbo has not given me one bit of issue over the past two years of abuse, though.

To update, I ran 12.28@108.52 #2 only a couple weeks ago to finally best Jeremy's time. It was NOT easy to do. I backed it up with another 12.28 and a 12.29. Its currently the fastest fuel-only stock-turbo Duramax, all classes, as that was my goal from the beginning. I have my sights set on Buck and Jess's 12.18 next year.
Matt (camomax) set the record so low that I dont think anyone will ever beat that time with a stock turbo truck. Heck, many modded trucks cant even come close to it. Truely an amazing accomplishment by Matt and Jeff (stingpuller).

Stock engine with exhaust/intake/lift pump/modded regulator/PPE boostvalve, running the Duramaxtuner "12.40" racetune. I have a Merchant Automotive transmission.
Suspension setup is a huge factor in running a good time at the track. I had to add Caltracs and QA1 front shocks in order to get my 60s down in the 1.68 range and not wheelhop. I ran Toyo Proxes set at 36F/30R.
Also, you are not going to run faster than 12.50 or so at full weight. My truck weighs somewhere around 6450lbs in race trim.

That is impressive........ I ran a 12:37 with around a 100 shot on stock motor stock turbo on my daily driver Duramax. Now 165,000 miles on it (motor has 64k on it). Crewcab LB7 4x4 not light at all....

Stock internals at or over 600hp is on borrowed time. bottom end will go it is just a matter of when? I believe from others bending rods that you are playing with fire after 500hp. The LMM rods are a better design that will take more of a beating.

Thanks for the info and video... do u have head studs and injector hold downs? what about the intake horn mod? do you have any seats left in that truck :lolly: i love how it totally looks like a sleeper :Cheer: Stanton is 915ft above sea level...hmm looks like im gonna have to make a trip south next summer

That is impressive........ I ran a 12:37 with around a 100 shot on stock motor stock turbo on my daily driver Duramax. Now 165,000 miles on it (motor has 64k on it). Crewcab LB7 4x4 not light at all....

Stock internals at or over 600hp is on borrowed time. bottom end will go it is just a matter of when? I believe from others bending rods that you are playing with fire after 500hp. The LMM rods are a better design that will take more of a beating.

Oh, dont I know it. I just keep my fingers crossed, but if something happens, it happens. It a risk I take with eyes open. But it has been found that proper tuning to reduce cyl pressure as much as possible has an awful lot to do with longevity. My tune from Nick has realistic timing and PW, not gonzo numbers like another tune I tried.

Thanks for the info and video... do u have head studs and injector hold downs? what about the intake horn mod? do you have any seats left in that truck :lolly: i love how it totally looks like a sleeper :Cheer: Stanton is 915ft above sea level...hmm looks like im gonna have to make a trip south next summer
The engine has not been touched other than modded horn, regulator and BD manifold. Yeah, I remove the pass and rear seats.....when it comes to racing, IMO youre foolish not to take a few minutes and do some weight reduction...its "free" HP. Trust me...its not easy to run a fast time with a stock turbo.
As for the track elevation...Id love to race in NC at a sea-level track.

pretty sure Buck ran 10.80's on stock turbo/motor 3-4 years ago with spray.
Sorry Kelly...forgot that one. Either way, they are both exceptional.

Back