father in laws LMM

stlcummins

ex Jerry Haas employee
So my father in law has a LMM and wants more air. Can you GM guys help me out with compressor upgrades or some other stuff related to the task at hand?

Garrett powermax stage 2. Drops in like a stock charger, makes a nice difference with some tuning.

What's already done to it? Why is he under the impression he needs more air ? EPR makes some nice billet 366's for around $2500-$2800 if he decides me really needs one.

Just a diablo tuner. He's retired state patrol, and he's bored. He wants to play with his truck.
What's already done to it? Why is he under the impression he needs more air ? EPR makes some nice billet 366's for around $2500-$2800 if he decides me really needs one.

He'll want to address the Allison first, or at the same time, before going to more air. LMM's should be able to handle about 100-120 over stock before they begin hating life.

A simple shift kit can be done which will help but otherwise PPE and Suncoast both make some nice upgrade kits

^that. He needs to get the trans ready before he starts adding air and fuel. 100hp over stock is about all that Allison likes to put up with, some have gotten away with more.

Like everyone has said, do the trans first and get a good EFI tune. Or you could do the EFI tune and be forced to do the trans later :lolly:

Garrett powermax stage 2. Drops in like a stock charger, makes a nice difference with some tuning.

FYI the LMM and the Garrett stage 2 are not playing nicely together. It's not a charger problem, but LMM issue. The Danville modded stock charger is working well. I'm installing one on my LMM for testing this month when I find the time.

As stated above, lift pump, tranny, and good tuning is amazing with a stock turbo.

FYI the LMM and the Garrett stage 2 are not playing nicely together. It's not a charger problem, but LMM issue. The Danville modded stock charger is working well. I'm installing one on my LMM for testing this month when I find the time.

As stated above, lift pump, tranny, and good tuning is amazing with a stock turbo.

You mean on the "un-tuneable" gazillionares truck lol

You mean on the "un-tuneable" gazillionares truck lol

That is one of them. They are hit and miss. One will run great without codes and the next will have the problems. I bought a LMM for this reason, testing, testing, testing....

It's a strange deal how brand x's turbo runs flawlessly and brand y's codes out and is all smoke show. Looking forward to see what you figure out.

get rid of Diablo, install EFI and shift kit, then see what he says. That will prob satisfy him for a good while.

Back