Feels like wheel hop??

02HO4X4

Banned
When at speeds between 55mph and 75mph and trying to accelerate the truck jurks forward (kinda feels like wheel hop) it happens in 4th, 5th, and 6th gears. The truck is exactly like the one in my sig, only with a long bed. Any thoughts?

HAve you checked out your carrier bearing? Mine did kinda what your describing when mine went out.

X2 on the carrier bearing. What about fuel pressure while its doing this? Truck run ok other than that? White smoke etc?

Check U-joints too. Drive line parts can do some freaky things sometimes.

Yeah, I've being having this happen with my truck but doesn't seem to be weather dependant. It feels like a "stutter" or like you described wheel hop. I can usually only get mine to do it in 6th while towing or I have to get on it real hard going up a hill.

I haven't checked fuel pressure yet but from what I've been finding thus far is that it is pointing towards my VP44.

Thank y'all for the responses. I'll check it out when it warms up this afternoon.

I have never heard of u-joints or carrier bearings act up only when its cold out? :what:

I have never heard of u-joints or carrier bearings act up only when its cold out? :what:

Agreed, nothing to do with the cold and U-joints.

U-joints issues usually manifest themselves when you get off the gas and allow for the slop to come back into play.

mine also does this in 5th and 6th!! im runnin an edge comp and noticed it its off it doesnt do it?? try turning the edge off??

Back