Few Small Issues with my rebuilt 47rh...

I've been into my valvebody so many times, I honestly can't remember where all the springs came from. If I had to guess, I'd say that one came in the Transgo TFOD HD2 shift kit. Maybe the HD2 kit comes with a stiffer pressure spring than the full manual or TFOD-Diesel kits?

Sorry for the derail I was pointing out wills orange spring and I've got a blue spring in mine... And with the pressure adjustment maxed completely out I can get 142psi line pressure which is way too low for my power goal IMO. So now I'm wondering how I can get my hands on those springs without buying the whole kit.

One of the full manual vb's that i built i tested pressure and I got close to 180psi with about 3 turns on the PR adjustment if i remember right.

The full manual vb's can be fun to drive, Ive built 2 for buddies.:rockwoot:

Well i went back through the scans of the instructions and there is in fact just the blue spring that came with the kit. Something isnt right if Mathews can get 180 with three turns and im struggling to get 140...

Scat, I started with a virgin VB
I was able to get 180PSI out of mine then i swapped the input,converter and all bushings, went back to straight ATF now i can only get around 150 with the pressure screw maxed out. Might drain some out and put hyguard back in.

I've been into my valvebody so many times, I honestly can't remember where all the springs came from. If I had to guess, I'd say that one came in the Transgo TFOD HD2 shift kit. Maybe the HD2 kit comes with a stiffer pressure spring than the full manual or TFOD-Diesel kits?

Just for reference i have a tfod-diesel kit here and it has the orange spring with the plain inner spring and 2 shims that go on the pr valve.

Got the truck together last night and i have to say this is the most fun ive ever had driving it. I cant believe how hard the torque convertor locks now too. Could be the Hygrd trans fluid too.

I pulled the check ball and drilled the 2-3 hole the largest they recommended. Shifts arent to harsh, but the down shifts are brutal!!!

I drilled the holes out to for the 1-2 to .103 and the 2-3 to .135. I think the only shifter to go with now is the scs cheetah for street driving. You know what gear your in a lot easyer then having to look at the indicator. Now once i get a better overflow valve my fuel pressure wont drop to 10psi at wot... Well its in the mail now. Nothing beats the 1-2 half to full throttle shifts. Haha

I drilled the holes out to for the 1-2 to .103 and the 2-3 to .135. I think the only shifter to go with now is the scs cheetah for street driving. You know what gear your in a lot easyer then having to look at the indicator. Now once i get a better overflow valve my fuel pressure wont drop to 10psi at wot... Well its in the mail now. Nothing beats the 1-2 half to full throttle shifts. Haha

I absolutely love mine, made the truck sooo much fun to dive. I have driven others but none are nearly as good.

Last edited:
I have the winters Sidewinder (same as cheetah operationwise), a spst switch for OD and a momentary dpdt for TC on/off....

It works well on street, but it can be a handful at the strip (havent built up muscle memory for the gate directions hahaha)

I love my TCI, but i havent drove anything with the others... pull straight back for 1st, slap up for 2nd and pull a lever and push up for 3rd. Still have old school toggle switches for lockup and OD.

Changing your valve body solved the momentary hanging between the 1-2 shift?

Bummer, I just had my trans rebuilt with a Goerend valve body and other goodies and am having the same problem. It hangs and then grabs hard. When I first got my truck back it was really bad, I tried manual shifting it a few times and it seems to be getting better. I driven about 700 miles, maybe it just needs to get broke in.

Back