Fiberglass Hood

wrongway

Doe's anyone make a fiberglass hood that fit's really good and is ready to paint for the 94 to 02 Dodge truck's? I'm running out of time fast to make TS, can ya help an old guy out? Gary

I would love to see a carbon fiber hood actually on a second gen. Cant seem to find any pics other then just the hood.

Doe's anyone make a fiberglass hood that fit's really good and is ready to paint for the 94 to 02 Dodge truck's? I'm running out of time fast to make TS, can ya help an old guy out? Gary

Be aware..... We had a hood in the shop a few years ago that was glass..It fit like crap and was a pound heavier then the stock one....when buying a hood, ask what the wieght is...

To answer your question I have another, What is your definition of "fit"?

No glass hoods fit worth a damn that I have seen, most weigh more than the OE pieces they replace. They WERE lighter when cars had 10ga steel hoods, not that way anymore.

Are you needing clearance or what?

If you can find one harwood used to make a fiber glass hood that when you installed you had to trim to fit before you painted it.
I have one on my truck it came from JEGS but I'm not sure you can find them anymore.

Attachments

• 100B0940.jpg
    100B0940.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 31
Racinduallie posted a link to a carbon fiber hood at one point. I can't remember when but it looked really cool. I imagine it might save a bit of weight.

I think a driftwood color truck the the sport package would look sick with a carbon fiber hood.

I think a driftwood color truck the the sport package would look sick with a carbon fiber hood.

Agreed. I kind of wish that the previous owner of my truck hadn't resprayed it charcoal. The driftwood was a good looking color.

I will try and find the link again.

Edit: Google turned one up. Not the cheapest but depending on weight savings and not having to spray it...

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/JSP-America/Hoods/JSP-America-Carbon-Fiber-Hood-_-Racing-Style-_-CFH704F/576811/

I knew I could count on ya'll !!!!! That carbon fiber hood isn't really all that expensive. I just priced a steel one today that was in the 600.00 range plus 150.00 bucks shipping wholesale. I don't have any fitment issue's, it's just a Pro Street truck and I'm trying to lose all the pound's that I can. Doe's anyone on here deal with the company that sell's them?? I would almost certainly buy one just for Shiz & Giggles. Gary

I'm not sure of anyone on here that does, Gary. Counting it all up with the cost of paint and all it is quite affordable. If I get time I will try and give them a call and see if they can give a weight for it.

Back