Filter drain valve leaking.

CatKracker

I smelled raw diesel when I parked the truck at work tonight. Looked under truck and saw fuel dripping from filter housing drain hose. Checked the drain valve. It was closed. Can I get an o-ring kit or new valve like the second gen guys? I can't find one for the third gen trucks. Everything is listed for 00-02.

I'd check the whole filter housing and cap for a crack, my buddy had an 05 that leaked because of a crack.

Come to think of it I believe I have my stock filter housing and everything, if you need parts off it or want the whole thing shoot me a pm.

Nice offer^^^^^^! Call the dodge dealer they can tell you if it's serviceable! Did you try open close a few times?

Yeah. I tried that. Slowed it down but still pissing. Coming right out of the drain tube. Thanks for the offer crpower! If I can't get repair parts locally, I'll take you up on that. Thanks guys!

Local Cummins shop had complete valve assembly for under $15. Looks like the same one the second gens use. Dodge told me they don't sell it separate and wanted $350 for the filter housing assembly.....yeeouch!

Update. Cummins doesn't sell this part for the third gens. Cummins techs told me not to open the drain. I said "how do you drain the canister for a filter change?" They said "why drain it?"........ Really?.......
They did have a whole assembly there that they let me steal the o-rings off of. That was nice of them. I had them take it apart to show them the superseded Cummins part would not work without drilling a hole in the canister and grinding off a metal tab.

04.5 qclb 4x4 NV6500, BMS100's, H&S 10mm stroker, Fass HPFP, Cat 2mic, BW 363, Hamilton springs, Smarty S06

If you need one I have a complete one sitting in the garage I pulled off my 06 this spring but it hasn't had fuel through it for the last 5ish years since I put the airdog on. Pm me your shipping address and I will throw it in the mail for you.

I'd ditch the factory setup. As you can see it is problematic, and you can't get adequate filtration with it anyway.

Yeah. 10-4. That's coming. This set up was temporary. I have a Cat 1r750 as a secondary. It gets cluttered on that side of the engine though. Just need to spend the money and do it.

Back