Filterteknik Cummins Cadillac Goes 10.51 @ 191 (KPH)

Cool car! Sure does spool quick and sounds great. Any idea what motor?

Dude, I wish all the drag diesel spooled like this one. I was expecting 1.....2.....3....4....5....6....7... sec spool up.

I went 1...2:what:

10:51 at 191................ Uhhhhh..............191? Kick ass car!

10:51 at 191................ Uhhhhh..............191? Kick ass car!

191 KM/H = 118.7 MPH.

It looks like the car leaves hard and straight, but lacks a lock-up converter and good overdrive ratio to run hard out the back door.

Cool car! Sure does spool quick and sounds great. Any idea what motor?

12-valve 5.9L Cummins P7100.

Here is their website and section about their diesel drag racing project car: http://www.filterteknik.se/foretaget/dragracingprojekt-filterteknik.asp

The text from the above linked page translated from Swedish to English is below (roughly).

----------------

"Since our focus is to some extent filter for diesel engines, it seemed obvious to build a diesel car. That was also the case, engine choice was obviously a Cummins thanks to Fleetguard, filter brand we represent is owned by Cummins. A Pro-Mod chassis was purchased and work has progressed with a slight modification. Our choice of body-dropped on a carbon fiber body with a form of Sedanette Cadillac Series 61 from 1947. The body produced by Pelle Nyhlén AB in collaboration with Filter Technology.

Our experience in competing in drag racing is in two classes,

as well as a mechanic in other teams over the years.

Super Street with an Opel Kapitän 1993-1999, Mårten Johansson.

Super Gas with the Chevrolet Small Block 1985-1987, Ingemar Nilsson.

Drag racing is counted as number one in terms of speed in motor racing, the final velocities

over 500 km / hr. Usually, will be competing on fourth English-mil = 402.33 m

or shorten it to 1 / 8 English mil = 201.17 m.

Two pieces are competing against each other, first over the finish line wins.

There are lots of different classes, and approved car security

and you have a license, just run. The Swedish record in Top Fuel is 457 km / h in 4.98 sec."

----------------------

All I know is I really, really, really want that car!

Also in Swedish Drag Racing News...though this is a bit old

"Mean Green" Volvo Hybrid beats a Ferrari 360 in an improptu to drag race.

It was just a 360 (ya im a snob) so its not that impressive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVtzt_bbhM&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cVtzt_bbhM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Things get weird at the end...

Short and sweet on the truck- Volvo D16 16.0L inline-6 (this one rated at 700hp and 3,550Nm/2617 lb-ft from the factory- we dont get that output D16 in the U.S....damn. *Also, Volvo has a new 750hp D16 to compete with Scanias diesel V-8 juggernaut the R730) that puts out 1,900hp with the help of some twin turbos from Volvo Penta (as well as many other upgrades im sure). I would love to know its torque output in modified form. Plus some big ass electric motors that add 200hp and 1,100 (811 lb-ft)newton metres. That will probably move it will some authority.

A Volvo I-shift gear box transfers the power. The I-shift is a 12 speed, two-pedal, automated manual.

Here is more info: http://www.motorward.com/2010/11/volvo-mean-green-worlds-fastest-hybrid-truck/

Those crazy Sweds!

Plus some big ass electric motors that add 200hp and 1,100 (811 lb-ft)newton metres. That will probably move it will some authority.

Not to sound like a hybrid-lover or anything, but you can get 400-500hp for about 1,000 pounds worth of motor and battery. I always thought it would be funny to build a Dmax or something with a tuner and then dyno 1,000 to the wheels with an electric motor in-line :Cheer:

Not to sound like a hybrid-lover or anything, but you can get 400-500hp for about 1,000 pounds worth of motor and battery. I always thought it would be funny to build a Dmax or something with a tuner and then dyno 1,000 to the wheels with an electric motor in-line :Cheer:

Hey if they add power im for it (as long as there is still a diesel engine in there somewhere, obviously). The potential for EMF radiation that Thompson has talked about would have me a bit concered though.

And you could have been the world record holder for the fastest diesel Chevette hybrid:poke:.

That Duramax idea sounds awesome to me though!

Back