Finally, a part of the TDI crowd.

jimbo486

2013 Passat TDI SEL, Opera Red Metallic exterior, Titan Black interior. I drove her home Friday night after an all day wait. I wasn't anticipating even purchasing it when I did but the offer was hard to pass up. She's a beaut and I love this color more and more each time I look at it!

photo8_zpsafa4b717.jpg

photo7_zps5126cbbb.jpg

photo5_zps6673e9a5.jpg

photo6_zpse75eaa48.jpg

Nice car.

What's the power raiting and tranny type?

My wife and I looked at these a few weeks ago, just not ready to pull the trigger.

Keep me updated with Millage and power.

Nice ride BTW.

You'll love it! My 2012 Jetta 6 speed manual has a hand calculated average, over the last 25K miles, of 46.1mpg. The worst tank was up into the mountains and back and I still got 42mpg out of it. As I type my brother is pulling off the DPF and ECU to get a tune on it.

Thanks fellas. I'm stoked about it! Only 180mi on it at this point and still in the break-in period. It had 44mi on it when it arrived at the dealer. Seems to be about the distance driven from the dealership they got it from.

You'll love it! My 2012 Jetta 6 speed manual has a hand calculated average, over the last 25K miles, of 46.1mpg. The worst tank was up into the mountains and back and I still got 42mpg out of it. As I type my brother is pulling off the DPF and ECU to get a tune on it.

So far, it's averaging 35mpg's according to the MFI. Let me know how the delete goes and how he accomplished it. I'm interested in doing the same at some point in the future. Which or whose tune is it getting?

Last edited:
The only issue I have heard on the DSG tranny is that they like to be maintained correctly, IIRC it is every 40k. Enjoy the car, they are nice rides and it's hard to beat passing every fuel pump in sight on a road trip!

The only issue I have heard on the DSG tranny is that they like to be maintained correctly, IIRC it is every 40k. Enjoy the car, they are nice rides and it's hard to beat passing every fuel pump in sight on a road trip!

^This on both issues. I've got 16K mine ('12 TDI w/ DSG) and haven't had any problems yet. I'll definitely be interested in the tune and deletes once the warranty is up. Joel Saunders is currently doing a delete and tune on his that he just bought a few weeks ago.

I went to a tint shop today and had some ceramic film put on the windows. I went with 20% on the side and rear windows and a 75% on the windshield. He also covered the third brake light. I asked him to initially but he said he does it anyway. I love how much it changed the look of the car!

100_8533_zps4333e8e4.jpg

100_8532_zps9b9483dd.jpg

100_8534_zpsdbb8f2f8.jpg

100_8535_zps81db7882.jpg

100_8536_zps229624b1.jpg

100_8537_zps8f6516d5.jpg

100_8538_zpsea611a76.jpg

Nothing yet. Knock on wood. I keep a close ear out for any noticeable whine during acceleration. Discussion over on TDI Club seems to be leaning towards the earlier versions of the BV40 being the culprit, VW P/N ending in V120 or V150 since they the majority of the reported failures. Mine has a P/N ending in V500 but there is only one reported failure of a V500 on the forum. There is still speculation of lack of lubrication or even mfg. defect in the bearing design since some are showing up with snapped turbine shafts, as you've seen for yourself.

Last edited:
Nothing yet. Knock on wood. I keep a close ear out for any noticeable whine during acceleration. Discussion over on TDI Club seems to be leaning towards the earlier versions of the BV40 being the culprit, VW P/N ending in V120 or V150 since they the majority of the reported failures. Mine has a P/N ending in V500 but there is only one reported failure of a V500 on the forum. There is still speculation of lack of lubrication or even mfg. defect in the bearing design since some are showing up with snapped turbine shafts, as you've seen for yourself.

That's what i figured havent seen anymore so it look like its just the early units.
I like the passat more room then The jetta. Only thing i don't like is the oil filter its a pain to get off due to the egr tube other then that just have a spare bottle of add blu in the trunk just in case

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

sweeeet. wish i could afford one..i drive a gas jetta...love it...wish it was a tdi but theyre too rich fer me

Good looking car. Wouldnt mind owning something like that myself.

We are thinking about getting one. What did you end up spending?

IIRC, $37,500 OTD (tax, licensing, etc.) with a $10,000 downpayment.

Back