Finally got some time to dyno the new street setup

dzlfarmboy

Supporting Vendor
Had some free time to get my truck on the rollers Sat and make some runs and do some tweaking.

Setup:

Hx40/16 Over S475
215 pump w/4ks @ 3 clicks ( Yanked the CDS 5k's drivability sucked )
Stock 181 dv's
Timing @ 20*
Stock lines
DDP 62lpm injectors
Stock head fire ringed
Stock 160hp bottom end

Dynoed back to back between the 4ks' & CDS 5ks and there was no gains that were shown on the graphs. Timing needs to be advanced some and it could use a lil more fuel. Only hitting around 1300* on the pyro. Maybe I'll get ahold of some different DV's to test out next free chance I get. Started out at 535hp and after some changes got it to 598hp.

Here are the Dyno Graphs, they wouldn't fit on here.

Pretty happy with the balance of good spool, good egt's and decent power and hopfully fairly reliable.

Last edited:
Had some free time to get my truck on the rollers Sat and make some runs and do some tweaking.

Setup:

Hx40/16 Over S475
215 pump w/4ks @ 3 clicks ( Yanked the CDS 5k's drivability sucked )
Stock 181 dv's
Timing @ 20*
Stock lines
DDP 62lpm injectors
Stock head fire ringed
Stock 160hp bottom end

Dynoed back to back between the 4ks' & CDS 5ks and there was no gains that were shown on the graphs. Timing needs to be advanced some and it could use a lil more fuel. Only hitting around 1300* on the pyro. Maybe I'll get ahold of some different DV's to test out next free chance I get. Started out at 535hp and after some changes got it to 598hp.

Here are the Dyno Graphs, they wouldn't fit on here.

Pretty happy with the balance of good spool, good egt's and decent power and hopfully fairly reliable.

Brett, what did you do to go from 535hp to 598?

nice numbers, but one quick question what would be optimal timing for dragon flows. right now im at 18* and i would say it runs very strong, but i have yet to dyno it, i need ic boots and clamps/a pusher pump or airdog before i dyno it.

Thanks,

Nick, Plate and AFC changes, Running the stock Gov spring in the AFC, timing was left the same as I didn't have alot of time, had my nephews birthday party to go to.

On the dragon flow timing, I dont have alot of experience with the Flows but depending on your injector washers, gasket, and rpm range I would think 20* would be ok. Keeping it a lil low prob helps with that big single your running. You can notice a big drop in spool/low end when you bump the timing alot, especially with an auto trans.

About 70psi total and 30psi on the primary. I dont have a drive pressure gauge hooked up right now.

Also, forgot, stock Camshaft, and was about 90* outside with 40% humidity.

Also, forgot, stock Camshaft, and was about 90* outside with 40% humidity.

Would be very interested to see some comparisons between delivery valves and timing changes. Tell you what Brett, if you can wait a few weeks I could make it up there and we could swap my 022s into your pump just to dyno if you're interested.

Would be very interested to see some comparisons between delivery valves and timing changes. Tell you what Brett, if you can wait a few weeks I could make it up there and we could swap my 022s into your pump just to dyno if you're interested.

Yeah You'll have to let me know, my weekends are pretty booked coming up before this wedding. But im trying to do some testing for sure.

Yeah You'll have to let me know, my weekends are pretty booked coming up before this wedding. But im trying to do some testing for sure.

Cool. A weekend after the 23rd of august should work so anytime after then.

Thanks,

Nick, Plate and AFC changes, Running the stock Gov spring in the AFC, timing was left the same as I didn't have alot of time, had my nephews birthday party to go to.

On the dragon flow timing, I dont have alot of experience with the Flows but depending on your injector washers, gasket, and rpm range I would think 20* would be ok. Keeping it a lil low prob helps with that big single your running. You can notice a big drop in spool/low end when you bump the timing alot, especially with an auto trans.

ok thanks, im at 18* now and still running the original headgasket, and installed the injectors with the medium sized washer, but theres probably not too much to be gained from 2* or if there is it might hinder spool up, and i need all the spool up i can get right now as the truck is driven on the streets95% of the time.

Brett,

How's the setup on the street, laggy? From my HX40 single days I wouldn't think using it as the secondary would be very fun...

How big are the DDP 62lpm injectors? what do they compare to?

Any plans for the CDS springs?

Brett,

How's the setup on the street, laggy? From my HX40 single days I wouldn't think using it as the secondary would be very fun...

How big are the DDP 62lpm injectors? what do they compare to?

Any plans for the CDS springs?

The setup spools very well on the street, real fun to drive when your turbos are always lit. And EGT's are pretty low, Should be able to tow my gooseneck with it real nice.

The 62lpms are a in between a ddp3 & ddp4, i sent out a stock set of sticks to lenny and told him what I was working with.

Prob gonna sell the springs, I've tried them twice now with no success.

Back