Finally hitting the rollers with my fully built 24V.. Any advice

That was with my old setup. Since then I have added bigger injectors, MP8 , Hamilton cam , motor was bored 040 and balanced plus added a 1000 psi water injection kit.

Have not had this new motor / combo to the track yet. Last year with the same chargers I would run 7.1s , 97 - 99 mph with 1.6 60ft. If I tried to push it any harder it would just spin all four tires. I am guessing I am around 6800-lbs.

Sounds like you have some work to do, we are the same weight, bigger chargers, and run a full second / 15mph quicker then you do.

To get big chargers lit on a dynojet you usually have to brake-boost the truck to get good numbers. Check out 1:10 in this video to see how to do it. Dunbar was really good at that technique. I have seen it make a 200hp difference on big turbo trucks.

Also make sure to dyno in the tallest gear you can to avoid spinning on the rollers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3NsUKjhSFk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3NsUKjhSFk[/ame]

JQmile - Thank you ... Thats the kind of helpful info I am looking for. Since I have a built auto I was planning on just putting it in drive and locking my tc. The dyno operator has only had experience with high hp gassers and diesels up to 650hp.

I might have an .060 or .080 jet handy to hit manually at around 20psi in case you only make 70-80psi on the dyno. Nitrous will light those turbos off real quick.

This was the dyno run on my 89 hit at 15psi with one .136 jet, I hit the second stage (another .136) as soon as I saw the flame out the wastegate mini-stack ;)

I have a 62mm and no intercooler, so I can spray really hard really fast without putting the fire out. With bigger turbos I would wait a little longer and/or use smaller jets.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K_WId44EM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00K_WId44EM[/ame]

1014 horsepower
1500 ft lbs. Torque

on fuel only...... Uncorrected #'s. 84 degree's & 77% humditiy

They were lazy.. They didn't fully spool till almost 2800 rpms. But once lite they were nasty.

JQmile... I have seen my boost pressure as high as 120 lbs on the road with my smarty in the higher tunes. Tonight on the dyno the highest boost I seen was 86 lbs. Whats up with that ?

Another strange thing happened... When I tried to use my ( brand new ) MP8 I not only lost rail pressure , I also lost horsepower ...

JQmile... I have seen my boost pressure as high as 120 lbs on the road with my smarty in the higher tunes. Tonight on the dyno the highest boost I seen was 86 lbs. Whats up with that ?

Less load, man! The harder you load a diesel, the more power it will make.

Another strange thing happened... When I tried to use my ( brand new ) MP8 I not only lost rail pressure , I also lost horsepower ...

Probably overextending the rest of your fuel system...

Less load, man! The harder you load a diesel, the more power it will make.

all that needs to be produced is load of the street, that being said many trucks make less boost on a dyno jet but make the same as trap speed indicates, prolly where the 7% comes in.

I think the big roller dynojets are only about 3000lb, right? Still a wee bit less than your average diesel. Still, I'd be happy with 1K at the wheels at 80psi!

JQmile.. I would bring the rpms up and let the truck shift all the way up into overdrive. Once in overdrive I would slowly bring the rpms up to 2500 rpms then hit it. It would lug for a few seconds then my turbos would lite and it would hit 4000 rpms quickly. I would have thought that lugging in OD would have been enough load.

I was on a dynojet ... And yes I am very happy with 1000 HP at only 80 lbs of boost.

Nope. Still not going to be the same as a 7K truck, although you had the right idea.

Another trick is to do like half throttle with the turbos mildly lit in 3rd and then when it hits OD peg it. Kind of like a load spike, that will carry out through OD. You seem to be a drag racer first though, so I'd say you proved your point on the dyno, time to go back to the track ;)

Back