Finally Lowered my 4x4!!!

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Well during my hangover recovery day yesterday I got around to finally getting the truck lowered. My truck is a 97 12v 4x4 auto with 4.10s. Tires are 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country HTs. Components to lower included a set of stock coil springs up front with one coil removed, Trailmaster SSV 72710 shock which are actually designed for a 2" lift in the front (had them from leveling setup), 1.5" billet aluminum blocks in the rear, Beltech 2wd stock height nitro drop 2 shocks in the rear, new u-bolts approximately 4" shorter then stock.

I need to get some posative camber taken out as the truck wonders a bit at low speeds. The camber was set for a 2" increase in height over stock stands to reason approximately 4" of total drop in the front would result in too much posative camber. The solid steel adjustable 3rd gen track bar had enough adjustment on it to pull the axle back toward the driver side. The description only said for 0 to 3" of lift so I was worried what 1-2" of drop would do but it worked out fine.

Pics are below. The pic of the lift block has something in the way, they are not warped so please no billet aluminum blocks will come apart lectures lol. I did have to open the locating hole up a bit as they are for a 99-03 ford super duty.

So far i've noticed a 100 degree drop in et while cruising on the highway no doubt attributed to the much smaller aerodynamic profile. I'm sure it will be good for a mph or 2 when I get around to running the truck. Haven't tried any 4x4 launches yet hopefully I won't have any axle rap.

Enjoy!

NewImage.jpg

New7.jpg

New6.jpg

New5.jpg

New4.jpg

New3.jpg

New2.jpg

Looks Good!
Brandon

Thanks Brandon, it's really growing on me! I really like the idea of cruise egt drops especially since they typically translate into fuel consumption drops!

I like the low look with the potential of a NASTY launch like Smitty :rockwoot:.
Brandon

well come to the club, how much room do you have be for you hit the bump stop? only an inch for me. what track bar set do you have, looking in to geting one soon

well come to the club, how much room do you have be for you hit the bump stop? only an inch for me. what track bar set do you have, looking in to geting one soon

About an 1.25-1.5". I'd consider cutting a bit out of the rubber in the bump stop but am close to bottoming the skyjacker shock so I'll just leave it like it is. I'll tell you this, cutting the rubber looks alot easier then the stops on the axle!!!

Solid Steel's 3rd gen track bar. Not the cheapest with the brackett but man did it make a difference in the way the truck drove/steered. I did put it on the same time as the DSS though.

i like stuffed tire look.. looks meaner IMO

hence i stuffed 35s on a stock lifted dmax... wel its ~2.5" worth of tire lift from stock..

Get some nice rims on it and go. Looks like a 2WD now!

Get some nice rims on it and go. Looks like a 2WD now!

ha ha that's what i'm hoping everyone who plans to pick on me on the street thinks lol!:evil:ft:

I was going to put some wheels on it during the tire swap but my roommate informed me he's moving out so that project will have to take place during a later date:(. Should make for some fun hustlin on the street. Don't really think many understand around here that diesel trucks can be quick!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Back