Finally Lowered my 4x4!!!

Looks good. Did you take any pics of the coil after you got it cut?

I'm still scared of those aluminum blocks

with that said, looks good

My truck is a 97 12v 4x4 auto with 4.10s. Tires are 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country HTs.

That sucks right there. I got the same exact gear and tire set up. My rpms are outragous

Depends on what you want I guess. 115mph = 3400ish rpm according to calculators and I don't see this truck trapping more then 115 so I could care less about above there, atleast for now! Optimally 3.54 gears would be in this truck but in reality they are not in this truck so I'll have to make a comprimise!

Looks good. Did you take any pics of the coil after you got it cut?

No, but cut them by placing the cut off wheel as close to the top coil end as I could. This gave me as close to one coil removed as I could.

Damn that looks nice. Now I really wanna drop mine down that low.

Looks good Nick! Glad those springs worked out for ya. If you didn't take them I was debating using them in an off-road worthy indepentant suspension trailer for my Jeep... but I sold it and figured you could use them more than me now LOL. I also agree that you need some new wheels that stick out a bit... :D

Good write up Nick...It looks good...I want to lower my dually but I'm still waiting for warmer weather..I may have to pick your brain when I start mine..I just replaced all four shocks last summer.I guess they will be useless if I lower the truck?

What is the difference between the 2nd and 3rd gen trac bars. I just replaced all my steering stuff and have been looking into doing this and i was wondering if my 2nd gen trac bar would work.

Thanks again guys, i'm a big fan and having much more fun with the truck then when I raised the front up and put 35s on it!

Diesel Dave, don't throw away any thoughts of using your current shocks just yet. You'd be suprised what will and won't work. These truck shocks have such a large range of distance from collapse to exteneded that they'll work in a large range of apps it seems. I wouldn't use anything with a 9" lift to lower but you know what i'm saying.

Thanks JFlagg, your D25s leave out today!

Hey Nick, a couple of questions if it is ok. Did you happen to measure the drop, as in how much front and rear it dropped? And how much did it drop by cutting 1 coil?

Thanks

Kevin

Hey Nick, a couple of questions if it is ok. Did you happen to measure the drop, as in how much front and rear it dropped? And how much did it drop by cutting 1 coil?

Thanks

Kevin

The rear dropped down about 3.25" and the front dropped about 1.5" over stock.

I dunno man...cutting wheels, sawzalls, torches do not belong anywhere near springs...reminds of working on ghetto ricers...

I dunno man...cutting wheels, sawzalls, torches do not belong anywhere near springs...reminds of working on ghetto ricers...

you are correct! tis why my new ferrari is coming with a plasma cutter:p:hehe:

Back