Finally puked

yamaman

Well after 76000 KM's I finally puked. Towing our camping trailer with DJ's towing tune in plus 30 degree celcuis weather and bucking a hard wind. She didn't just puke alittle basically covered everything under the hood and even some made it to the outside of the drivers side fender.

I just thought I would see if there is anything I should look at since it puked this bad. Maybe give the EGR a cleaning and possibly what else. Thanks guys

Let it go for a while, thats tough conditions. Its probably fine, just got hot.

Let it go for a while, thats tough conditions. Its probably fine, just got hot.

X2 Thats hot as hell with alot of weight. I would run it stock next time.

So let me get this straight.... Your Honda has 1.8 Litres But my Root Beer has 2!!!! I like it LOL

when towing..espically heavy loads for an extended period of time its a very very good idea to be monitoring you EOT and ECT..then you can see a possible problem before it happens.

I could be a fluke..or it could be a clogged oil cooler or a busted EGR cooler..

Thanks for the replies guys. I did return it to the stock tune for the tow home and she did just fine and seemed to handle the trailer much nicer stock then with a tune. I think I will only be towing with a stock tuen for now on.

and Abrannan ya I don't have a guages either so I was alittle worried about it. It seems to be doing good now but I am keeping a close eye on it.

and thanks mooring haha

Oh I know that I am playing with fire. I don't tow that much and for now on it will be on stock and when I am not towing I don't bag on the truck. I am hoping to not get gauges until I decide if I am going to buy this truck out yet when the lease is up or not

When mine puked coolant when towing, I took it to the dealer expecting EGR cooler, oil cooler, gaskets, etc, but it was a $15 coolant cap that was broke...

I loved towing heavy loads with the tow tune but have stopped since the truck puked several times. Now when the load is over 7k I return the truck to stock. I asked DJ for a stock power file with the nice downshifting of the tow file with the egr turned off. Good stuff for the heavy loads.

Thats a good idea I might have to get DJ to write me up a tune. With just shifting and egr also. Thanks man

Back