Fine tuning shift points.

Sutter1stgen

Short for my weight
Well I went to the track on Sunday, ran a 13.6@95. I knew I'd be trying to spool my s366 for some time at the start. So I zip tied my tv arm full back. Well this had me shifting 10mph too late on my 2-3 shift. So today I tried to slowly adjust my tv cable till it shifted around 55. Before I could ever get there I noticed the truck was not getting full fuel. So the tv cable was limiting my throttle travel.

What are some of the home made fixes you guys have come up with for this problem. I'd reall like to have the tv cable/setup work as intended.

Thanks.

There's a screw on the VB that helps to delay shifts without using the TV cable.

The minimum input screw? Or what ever it's called. My problem is more of I can't get enough adjustment without the tv cable binding. But I know I can overtravel it with a
Zip tie.

I made a spacer to re-adjust the ratios. Made it out of lexan mostly so I could see where to drill. Took some fiddling.

1012dp_03_o+1012dp_december_2010_top_tech_questions+cummins_ve_pump_linkage.jpg

Edit: Was going to build a metal gizmo, but the manual valvebody 47rh worked ok too LOL

Nice time by the way!

Last edited:
Back