Fire Ring

I have the same set up as Ty's (Triton) and run 55psi with a set of twins and actually blew out the head gasket. But I think that the head wasn't decked properly, because now it all seems well and the only thing different is we decked the head.

Dustin

Keaton did my deckin on my head. Does anyone have a number to cummins I would like to pick at a engineers brain about coolant system

Like jason said we are tryin to figure out what will hold. mine is 105 rings, the grooves are 30k deep, 24valve gasket and it seaps water and I am even runnin 2 water pressure reliefs set at 50psi. Just to recently find out that a opie kit opens at 25psi so I am gonna change them but I am wonderin what works for eveyone else. I daily drive,sled pull,dyno and play. I am runnin 800hp and runnin 80psi+ a lot. unlike jasons mine still get pretty hot egt wise yet jason is runnin 100psi+ and his lasted longer than mine guess the sled pullin did mine in. After studdin the 3 gaskets tonight and port matchin a 12v marine,24v and a mls cr. There is one in the front left corner of all three gaskets the cr is the only one that let's water threw all the rest it just blocks it off on the head. startin to wonder if I run a 12v or a 24v gasket should I weld a patch like a block off plate in the head so it won't put pressure on the gasket and cause a potential leak? And if anyone is runnin modifed thermostats (drilled) also let me know?

Wrong. Opies kit does not open at 25. Even if you had your regs set at the same crack pressure they are no where close to each other, perhaps you like to play with fire or like learning about things the hardway. lol

Wrong. Opies kit does not open at 25. Even if you had your regs set at the same crack pressure they are no where close to each other, perhaps you like to play with fire or like learning about things the hardway. lol

Like you would know.:poke::hehe:

Valve
Bypass010.jpg

Bypass009.jpg

Bypass008.jpg

Bypass007.jpg

Well that looks so fancy I bet it came off a different application than what its now used for

Well talked to jason his is not leakin was the top radiator hose and I drilled out 4. 1/8 holes in the thermostat and cleaned up my engine bay and its not leakin played pretty hard sat after doin the thermostat. Enough that now gotta put new pads on the dual disc it slips now. Still not leakin found heater hose leakin lol

I spoke with Rip @ source automotive yesterday, he's got 625's torqued to (IIRC) 165, He also just took it apart to find several cracked head bolt holes that he attributes to over torquing the studs. Time for a new block:doh: Based on this, I'd be careful on over torquing them too far; also, no fire rings in the motor, common rail 5.9. Good Luck!

Intresting, were they on the exhaust manifold side? cracked in bwetween the stud hole and the cooling passages?

well after doin some more work foun out my head gasket is not leakin and i drilled 4 1/8th holes in the thermostat and the pressure gauge will not get much over 60psi @3500 rpms in the head and that is leavin both of my relieves set at 50psi and mcn diesel said another truck similar to mine would get in the 80psi close to 90 i also talked to a guy at cummins and not much help but it was worth a try

Back