Firepunk Dirt Drags

I vote no quads next year. These guys can't seem to get with the program!

I agree. And keep the ricer trash out too. WTF is up with the tree? Thanks to the special person that burnt me down on the tree and then rolled through the beams so we had to start over:bang:bang:bang Track was rough but for what they were working with turned out decent. Went 5.33 falling under the charger on my first and only pass. I hope next year its more orginized than this year.

I also want to say that the trophies were the coolest trophies I have ever seen at any motorsports event!!! Thanks to whomever pulled that dmax off the line that had already bent there tie rods. That could have been bad!

The white Chevy? I don't see how he missed that before his run....

I got a video of your run, you were staged forever! I don't think anyone knew how a tree works, you'd be better off flagging people.

The announcer said you were dripping coolant but I couldn't tell what it was, and you ran anyway.

The white Chevy? I don't see how he missed that before his run....

I got a video of your run, you were staged forever! I don't think anyone knew how a tree works, you'd be better off flagging people.

The announcer said you were dripping coolant but I couldn't tell what it was, and you ran anyway.

Yes, The white chevy. When they are already bent like that and take a hard launch they usually tend to get VERY vilent side to side. With the crowd being right there i was freaking out. Very pleased they pulled him. I can't believe he didn't notice it just driving around! Cool! Yea that dude burnt me down. Im pretty sure I pushed a injector cup. I did run anways but soon after decided the 60 mile drive home was more important. It was a shame cause I really wanted a try at one of those bad arse trophies!!!! It didn't help the noobies that the pre stage lighting was all jacked up. All well better luck next time. Post the vid if you don't mind. I forgot my go pro so don't have any video. Wish I could have stayed longer but have to work early in the moring. It def was a fun event with a kick ass turnout!!!!

Last edited:
I'll try to attach the vid. I stopped recording the first part when you were staged for 5min and then backed you two up.

a5bbeafe5d1f3d0ae6a2e7938905c1a5.jpg

bc91b59935a2918f8dd065695df20951.jpg

8b3b0a1d5f15fff318310655f701d0b6.jpg

7e269a5783b47071aa8914d36ef6fbba.jpg

95e66704f6cb898f8f2fd2b933443cfb.jpg

He's rowdy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the firepunk team was gonna pull there hair out with all the people pulling past the beams and not comprehending how to stage. It's surprising that no one melted down. They should set it up that once the first person stages that the bulbs will drop in 5 seconds, even if the other person is ready or not! All in all it was an awesome event and will definitely be there next year!

Only Ryan...That truck is cursed.

Looks like it was a hell of an event. I saw Chase Lundsford's passes earlier, ho-lee-chit.
Congrats to all of the winners!

Wow has this event grown! No more atvs, double elimination or 4x4s used under a dyno and it'll be perfect !

The newbs and tree issues are just part of the deal with this sport anymore..

The firepunk team are always the best hosts!

I disagree with double eliminations. If you lose your done. No need to drag the event on 2 days watching the same trucks. Next year will be twice the trucks as it seem to double every year. Great time. Chit can the ATV and cars. Get a good tree and hook up to the fairground audio system. Couldn't hardly hear with running trucks. Other than those kinks to work out I had great time and the FP crew did good for the weather they were delt.

For their first time running the event at the fairgrounds, mother nature being a bich, and having over twice as many competitors as last year I think the event went great. Making the call to go to single elimination was a great ideal. The event ended around 8:30 and I can't imagine how late it would've gone with double elimination. Great event as always and it will only get bigger and better!

It was the first one I have ever been to. It was unfortunate that the weather acted the way it did but the firepunk crew did a good job keeping everything organized and moving along. They are good people and I can't wait until next weekend to see it again.

I disagree with double eliminations. If you lose your done. No need to drag the event on 2 days watching the same trucks. Next year will be twice the trucks as it seem to double every year. Great time. Chit can the ATV and cars. Get a good tree and hook up to the fairground audio system. Couldn't hardly hear with running trucks. Other than those kinks to work out I had great time and the FP crew did good for the weather they were delt.

x2 on all that. Definitely get a good tree that thing was junk. Talking about Saturday of Marysville fair a truck only show, hopefully that's better.

Also anybody get any pictures of modified class? Im curious to see what it looked like when I was staging, there was too much smoke to see the tree and I had to stop :hehe:

To clarify:

I like single elimination due to the size of this event NOT double....glad they made the call to change it as the day went bye fast..

Back