firering help !!!!

rpainter

I installed a 24 v firering head gasket set ( Haisleys) intoa 2001 24v motor. The problem I am having it the motor does not leak any compression but it does leak water around the gasket. After two weeks of trying to get the thing to stop leaking I finally pulled the head and took a few measurements.
Hopefully someone can tell me if they are wrong. accouring to hasileys website the ring is .105 thick and .120 wide. the goove cut into the head is .015 deep and .125 thick same with the block. both have been decked to be truely flat. I think the rings are not seep enough cause when I pulled the head the orange sealant on the headgasket to seal the coolant passages has not even be compressed by the head ?? the head was torqued 7 times ending at 145 and rechecked 3 times studs are arp 200 any help guys??

the outer edges are .063 and the edges closest to the cylinders are .068 to .070

the outer edges are .063 and the edges closest to the cylinders are .068 to .070

same thing happened to my truck. getting them to crush properly is tough with 12mm studs. some can get it to work, never worked on mine.

took the head to the machine shop today the owner told me that the head is perfectly flat but when he measured the ring depth he came up with .012 so he is going to remill the groove a little deeper and also make the groove a tad wider he got .118 on width. Will have it back tomorrow. the block is perfect width and depth so go figure.

Back