First Gen VE HP Guru's

Just went back and looked through my emails. The 6x13 we had tested flowed 4.35.

6x16 Scheid nozzle we had tested flowed 4.65.

No, they were 24v sac...

Your numbers make sense if it were a 6x0.013" that was honed ~ 30%, but then you shouldn't be calling it a 6x0.013 nozzle.

I call them what they are. They are a 6x13 that are extrude honed to "x", with "x" mods.

24 valve sac and 12 valve vco flow different per size.

Weston, can you recommend a size that will be beneficial?

I was gonna shoot you a pm but since you're already here......:rockwoot:

Last edited:
I agree with the previous recommendation, I was simply trying to convey that it would be easier to grasp for those less familiar with flow values if the honed injector was referenced to as it's equivalent orifice size. There are a lot of options, but to be honest it never seems to amount to a whole lot on the user's end in my opinion, as long as the orifices are of good quality the cone angle is most likely the largest factor.

Last edited:
I agree with the previous recommendation, I was simply trying to convey that it would be easier to grasp for those less familiar with flow values if the honed injector was referenced to as it's equivalent orifice size. There are a lot of options, but to be honest it never seems to amount to a whole lot on the user's end in my opinion, as long as the orifices are of good quality the cone angle is most likely the largest factor.

WESTON!! Thanks for coming into this topic I have enjoyed the conversations we have had about VE injectors!! I have to say this old ve stuff is still like old school hotrod stuff. And that is why I got into diesels in the first place. Also I will have to say as small of a segment of Diesel Ve pumps are they have the most innovative people in the sport!! Seems like MOST of the other types of injection follow the same recipes.. :nail: Sorry to get off topic I had to step away from the Diesel stuff because I was tired of all the BS but you guys are making me want to get my crap back out again!!

Understood. Will these be healthy enough if this setup is sprayed with the funny stuff?? I'm sure down the road I will get ambitious with the NX progressive setup. I know its a VE pump but I'd like to have extra fuel available.......

Where can I get this waste gate cover?

The cover plate on my small turbo is a thin plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20150613_154335923.jpg
    IMG_20150613_154335923.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
[ame="http://s809.photobucket.com/user/AHineman1stgen/media/IMAG0508.jpg.html"]IMAG0508.jpg Photo by AHineman1stgen | Photobucket[/ame]

My old '93.

[ame="http://s809.photobucket.com/user/AHineman1stgen/media/DSCN0147.jpg.html"]DSCN0147.jpg Photo by AHineman1stgen | Photobucket[/ame]

5" Homemade down pipe vs. a Stan's headers 4" down pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SevwuW_lvOg

Makes around 70psi overall with about 38 or so out of the box stock s475.

Sounds like yours will be pretty fun too.:evil

I'll throw some pictures of my old H1C/HX52 setup and the new H1C/S475 up when I'm done with it, my old setup is on my old phone that took a long bath. It ran extremely well till the 52 gave up.

Back