First gen wanted.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
I have a buddy looking for a first gen and he isn't having any luck around this area. Looking for a club cab 4wd auto, preferably mint but a fixer upper is ok as long as its not rusted out. LMK what you have, thanks!

Guy around here might still have his, has a flat bed. it's in great shape, basically restored and modded just a bit. Was asking $10k a while back. I can check to see if I can track him down. Really nice truck, not sure 10k nice, but I would have considered buying it if it had a real bed. LOL

Knowing what I know about them, there is no way in hell I'd ever pay more than 5 or 6k for a VERY nice example of one of those trucks.

A 12 valve truck is light years better in every respect. :cool:

Mark.

It's all interpretation, along with bad vs. good experiences, really.
My experience with 2nd gens has been far, far more positive than with 1stgens.

I mean, my 1996 was purchased with an ailing automatic transmission and 270,000 miles on it, almost 2 years ago.
It now has 331,000 on it, with the transmission just now getting to the failing point and I was not in the least bit kind to it.

The trans always had a "lag" in shifting, which I was able to work around, but here lately it's gotten worse and lately I've also been able to overpower the lock-up in the converter with only a moderate load, when I couldn't before.

I won't complain, for what I paid for it originally (less than a "cheap" 1stgen) and the minimal maintenance I have had to do.

Mark.

Back