first hook, bad break

smokeisfun

still learnin
well...my very first hook ever to a sled with anything, it was alot of fun, but it started bouncing on me...and then it stopped. but i was still in drive

then i went to put it in park and it growled at me, i know the rearend through to the front u-joint is ok and i know it was after the park lever b/c it growled b/c everything is still spinning, so what could have broke....is the park lever on the output shaft or before that. its a 47RE by the way

Park lever is on the output shaft. What is the status now? Will it move? All gears?

no...it will not move, after i shut the engine off, and then put it in park, you could still pull me to china and wouldnt know you was in park

can you change that without pulling the trans,

the good news is...as far as i can see the tail shaft housing isnt broke

For an output shaft I've heard you just need to take the rear of the transmission off to replace it, by far the easiest of the shafts to replace though. Maybe someone else will chime in and confirm this.

thats what i heard too...thats why i skimped out and didnt put the billet one in, but i guess i will this time...does any one know what causes the pickup to bounce so bad

thats what i heard too...thats why i skimped out and didnt put the billet one in, but i guess i will this time...does any one know what causes the pickup to bounce so bad

Air pressure will help you bounce... How much air do you run?

air pressure can cause you to bounce, I've also seen too agressive of tires bounce a truck.

Air pressure will help you bounce... How much air do you run?

i had semi aggressive tires, they are tires for winter driving, i had the tire rated air pressure in them i think its 40psi, and the track was really sticky, it was a really good track

That is exactly how my truck acted when i broke the output shaft. Pretty easy to replace just have to pull the tailhousing off the tranny to replace the shaft...

surely your tires are rated for more than 40psi if you are truck pulling with them?!?! That's like a light duty half ton tire if it's rating isn't higher than that. Certainly wouldn't want to be sled pulling with tires lower than load range D with at least 2900+ load rating IMO.

Also, this was the 2wd in your sig???

surely your tires are rated for more than 40psi if you are truck pulling with them?!?! That's like a light duty half ton tire if it's rating isn't higher than that. Certainly wouldn't want to be sled pulling with tires lower than load range D with at least 2900+ load rating IMO.

Also, this was the 2wd in your sig???

yes, its the 2wd in my sig. the deal with the tires are. i barrowed them from a friend b/c i didnt want to buy nice tires for pulling if pulling wasnt for me...or at least until i tried, so these tires are for a half ton pickup and arent rated for that much weight, but now that i know that that was the problem i will just try to find some nicer tires...any ideas on what kind of tires are good to help keep from bouncing.

well, i looked at the tires tonight and they are a load range "E" tire and had 80psi in them....so any other ideas as to what would have made me start to bounce

not trying to be rude or mean but i know inexperience could be some of the bounce, i cant really guess what else could have caused it with out seeing your set up, and the track( all tracks act diffrent) i know from a couple jeeps that if your tractions bars are not set up really well, they can still allow some axle wrap.

It broke the output sounds like if u broke an input or intermediate it wouldnt growl i wouldnt think. the overdrive unit is seperate on the back of the trans real easy to do on a 2wd. take off the crossmember and driveshaft and it will slide off the parking lever will have to slide out

Back