First hook on new setup results in carnage once again...

There were three trucks in the 2.6 class that made it to 320ft besides wakeman.
Troy Wakeman 325ft
Brent Roberts 321ft
Rhett Butler 320ft
Palmer 320ft

Brents truck is really making progress from week to week and a long ways from where it started. Cant wait to start getting my 2.6 engine together for next year hopefully it will keep up.

I never saw the final standings, my bad. Brents truck does run good and he is a hell of good guy. Onry little **** too. LOL...

I found my source of an antifreeze leak, I popped the front freeze plug during the run...

kind of an unplanned antifreeze injection going on... :hehe:

Hope you didn't get too much antifreeze, that stuff melts pistons in small doses.

I'm not smart enough to know why exactly. I just know it will melt an engine if there's too much of it in the water injection tank.

hmmm... can't think of why it would be much different than water injection

well it was spraying out all the way down the track (can see it in the video coming from under the passenger side of the bumper. Found about half a quart in the intercooler plumbing...

we will see how it runs on friday :Cheer:

Antifreeze injection or was it shooting out the side?

What plug did you pop?

That stuff makes a nasty mix with oil. Kind of a slimy mess. I would drop some oil out of the pan, or pull the valve cover and look and see.

OK so your saying it was pulling the antifreeze in the turbo?

Last edited:
turbo is open on the front, popped the front plug behind the fan bracket. Sprayed it everywhere... Mainly it went to the passenger side due to the front cover shielding the drivers side of the fan bracket.

I already dropped a quart out of the pan, oil looks great.

I modified one of my side billet plugs to work up front so it shouldn't be an issue now.

turbo is open on the front, popped the front plug behind the fan bracket. Sprayed it everywhere... Mainly it went to the passenger side due to the front cover shielding the drivers side of the fan bracket.

I already dropped a quart out of the pan, oil looks great.

I modified one of my side billet plugs to work up front so it shouldn't be an issue now.

After reading the post, I saw what your saying. I just used new plugs with red loctite.

Back