first hook

KRanch350

Pulled tonight and had zero luck! Friends say I got the sled moving but I lifted. I thought I had severe wheel hope but I was wrong. They said it wasnt hopping. I run new tread highway tires. The track was sandy with no clay. It seemed to be loose. I hoped I would have better luck having a DRW truck. I guess I need a offroad tire.

Aaron
The main thing is not to EVER give up. Got a vid? What does your set-up consist of? On a loose track a good set of A/T tires will usually do the trick.
It just takes a little time and a lot of guesswork to get her right.

Lynn

I was 7960 in a 8000 class. Weight was a 55 gallon drum full of water up to the tail gate. My hitch was at the max at 26 inch. My truck is an auto. I think I make enough power to go have fun I just need traction

Is your rear blocked.I agree with Lynn get you a set of A/T or borrow some from someone to try.Is your truck a 4door.

Dale

x2 never give up! if you not moving the flag man will stop you ;)

highway tread tires hurt both 2w4 and 4wd truck especially in the sand. mainly they use a ribbed design. to allow water to flow easy under the tire and the ribs are almost solid the keeps road noise to a min.

see if you can borrow a pair of tires.

Yes it is a four door with a long bed. I am hunting a set of salvage yard wheels and tires. I have not blocked the rear yet but do have a nice hitch in my opinion. I'll try to get some pics of my hitch.

Yes it is a four door with a long bed. I am hunting a set of salvage yard wheels and tires. I have not blocked the rear yet but do have a nice hitch in my opinion. I'll try to get some pics of my hitch.

spare tire rims should find those easy if your not going to run the tires as a DD

Second hook tonight at the same track. The track was better. It had more water and not as loose. I came in at 7900 lb, same tires but they let me hitch higher. not for sure how high they allowed me to change at the scales. I think he let me go close to 30in. I pulled 128.71. It was not the winning hook but I am very pleased. My mph was around 5. I didnt throttle until it was to late. This is a limited class with a 15mph max speed.

Yes, the track was much better. I think with good tires I wont have to rely on the track so much.

i just got back from pulling at bunker hill with NADM went 227'
30" and blocked solid (2.6 class) video will probly show up later today.

Malibu795 do you pull with the 4x4s or is it a 2 wheel class. If in a 4x4 class what do they pull at 26 or 30?

Malibu795 do you pull with the 4x4s or is it a 2 wheel class. If in a 4x4 class what do they pull at 26 or 30?

yes i pull WITH the 4x4s

the 3 org i have pulled with NADM, COTPC and FPP(exhibition) are running/looking rules similar to these
this is C&P from NADM rule book
Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height
from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units.
The hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

that is the only rule that really sperates 4x4 and 4x2 everything else you fall under the same rules. IE turbo, fuel, safety requirements, shield cut offs etc....

That night they allowed it. I heard of the change as I was pulling on the scales. The rules read that all truck are 26 but I think he felt sorry and made a change. I hope they put 2WD @ 30in in paper so there wont be any disagreement at any of their other events.

That night they allowed it. I heard of the change as I was pulling on the scales. The rules read that all truck are 26 but I think he felt sorry and made a change. I hope they put 2WD @ 30in in paper so there wont be any disagreement at any of their other events.

they allow to limit rear suspsion compression?

last night i had to have hte rull book on hand to show i get 30" then they look to see if i have a front dif and drive line :hehe:

They dont say anything about it. their tech amounts to making weight and checking hitch. Here is their web site with the rules springriverpulling.com I pulled in the 8000# limited class

They dont say anything about it. their tech amounts to making weight and checking hitch. Here is their web site with the rules springriverpulling.com I pulled in the 8000# limited class

That brings up an interesting point. The association only weighs the trucks and checks hitch height. A few pullers have started to do the teching. We try to get other pullers involved, and ask them to come tech our trucks. When we ask them to pop their hood, one guy wouldn't pop the hood, it got popped anyway. We ask them to get involved and come tech our trucks(I don't feel that it does any good for me to tech my own truck), the response I got, "I don't want any part of teching your trucks, if I get beat, I go back and work on my truck". There is a little more history to this, and I understand the individual being upset with the some of the other pullers. We are trying to make amends and run a fair pulling organization as most of the pulls they don't even pop the hood. We did have a puller show up the other night with water meth(disconnected) and nitrous(disconnected).

Kranch350 we would have been just teching the 8500 class, we try to get most of them done before the class starts. What are your thoughts, should we do more teching? Do you support the teching of the class?

If you guys keep showing up, I think there will be some support for changes in the limited class, and maybe make some changes. 2 years ago usually there were consistantly 4 diesels show up. Some places we would have maybe 7 or so. The last few pulls we have had 10+ trucks in the classes.

showing up wanting pull is a good way to get noticed and things adjusted.

Back