First Pro-street into the 8s?

trailrunner

So the 9 second barrier has been taken down who is going to start knocking on the 8 second barrier in a pro-street truck? :bow:

I remember May of 05 when there were a handfull of trucks that were even capable of running 10's. Ahhh the memories LOL

Anyway, I bet we see an 8, but the trucks will have to get lighter.

Timbeaux38 said:
Anyway, I bet we see an 8, but the trucks will have to get lighter.
And more importantly, more safer for the times they are running....:rules:

trailrunner said:
so you dont think that a 8 second 4300 pound truck would be possible?
Sure....anyone got 1700 RWHP laying around?

trailrunner said:
so you dont think that a 8 second 4300 pound truck would be possible?

Never stated that, they will get there, but don't forget about the NHRA rules that we all have to adhere to.... :woohoo:

Just curious, why hasn't anybody tried mounting the engine behind the driver? Now before it comes, this is purely an armchair question, those arenas are out of my league. But I have been wondering about this for a while now.

r-n-r said:
Just curious, why hasn't anybody tried mounting the engine behind the driver? Now before it comes, this is purely an armchair question, those arenas are out of my league. But I have been wondering about this for a while now.

That would be cool, a diesel wheelstander

trailrunner said:
So the 9 second barrier has been taken down who is going to start knocking on the 8 second barrier in a pro-street truck? :bow:

Sorry for the hijack :badidea:

So who will be first to break into 8 sec???

imelmo said:
Workin' on it. Should be done by January. :D

So when are you needing the headers built for the Toyota? 2008 or 2009 .:huh:: Let me guess about the time they straighten out my tranny.:aiwebs_029:

CC12V said:
So when are you needing the headers built for the Toyota? 2008 or 2009 .:huh:: Let me guess about the time they straighten out my tranny.:aiwebs_029:

Lol. Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to visit the guy with my block personally. David said he isn't returning any of his messages or anything. Heads are done I believe.

The truck should be in Houston by the end of September, so I'm sure he'll be gettin' with ya shortly there-after (if I get the friggin' block).

It's a 7.3 going in a Toyota. I'm hoping for 8's, but I'd be happy with mid to low 9's. The chassis will be NHRA legal to at least 8.5 (I'll just have to get rid of the hinged side bars to go quicker from what I was told). Still gonna have everything needed to run on the street though. I'm not building it to DHRA specs (or not trying to anyways) so I'm not sure where it'll fit in for diesel races; I have to read my rule books.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/imelmo/Toyota%20Project/

I'll have some much better pics by the end of this week; got to "test-sit" in it the other day.:D

Last edited:
RacinDuallie said:
And more importantly, more safer for the times they are running....:rules:

I agree!! And I think if you ask any of thr pro-street racers they will tell you that with their current set up 135-140mph is quite scary in these trucks. I am as addicted as anyone to the stupid fast diesels but I also care about each and every one of our guys and want to keep them safe!!! JMO.

Amy

Back