First pull on new setup

jhndrtxn

Alright so im runnin efi live now putting 470hp an 883tq, finally got my clutch put in i 3250 dd feramic/ceramic i went to Morgan's Corner to pull in N.C. cody at anarchy diesel hooked me up with a race tune with a 4500rpm limit to try at the pull. I was first up to pull i wasn't to sure on how to properly load the turbo with the new setup so i raised rpms up to 3k an eased out on the clutch but i think i messed up somewhere an eased all the way out while pegging the throttle i had to drop rpms to get the clutch to grab an could smell the clutch truck pulled strong with 3500-3700 rpm an managed 287.03 put me in 5th place but i had no clutch pedal at the end of the track (stock hydro's) i figured i melted the internals of the hydro's but i drove home floating the gears an the slave cylinder was still hot (1 1/2hr drive) i pulled the stock hydro's out an the seemed to work but only a short 1-1.5 (at max) stroke.

Can anyone give me advice on launching properly im running a g56 4.10's an 33" nitto grapplers i know i need a stronger clutch for serious pulling this is only for the winter

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but which truck was yours? I was pulling in the modified diesel class, and I missed the first few stock trucks.

no video that i know of i am asking around, had some friends there that were gona video it but i think they went to the strip club instead, mine was the black 2500 i was the first to pull "Jason Bailey"

Ok. I'm sure I saw it, I was busy helping my cousin get his truck ready to pull in the stock class. It's always good to see other forum members at the local events.

well you really didnt get the right clutch for sled pulling, you might have glazed it over pretty good. just my .02

Installed new hydraulics an its working fine now lil jumpy when you first take off but thats it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I know its not the right clutch but for what I have into it its still half the cost of a new clutch. This will be used for the winter an then changed out for a 3850 dd when the pulling starts up again.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

ya i'v been there to, it should be ok for a little while. last year i sent the buttons tho the pressure plate riding it out. final got a slat iron 3600 dd. works very well and cost killed me but its all part of the fun.

Last edited:
i'm goin to be at the nov 10th pull If i can get the new turbo installed in time blew the oil seals on the stocker pulling a trailer from chesapeak to newport news. heres a pic of the truck from the pull on the 20th
pulling.jpg

Back