fitment trouble with electric fans, dual cp3 and coolant reservoir

Out Back 4x4

Like the title says, my reservoir lacks a couple inches of clearance. Anybody have any suggestions as of what I should do?

[ame]http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r582/outback4x4/Mobile%20Uploads/NCM_0067_zps14fe5db3.jpg[/ame]

[ame]http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r582/outback4x4/Mobile%20Uploads/NCM_0068_zps452b656b.jpg[/ame]

Need some more info: what brand of fans, what brand of cp3 kit, year of truck, etc

2003 ATS dual cp3 flex a lite fans. I forgot that the fans weren't listed in my user sig

Run a 04.5 up tank. I have one it I pulled off my truck to fit my compounds. Pm if your interested.

Heres what I did with mine, I built the shroud myself and used dual tarus fans,
waterneck002.jpg

Built one out of aluminium
tt5008.jpg

For sure ! The low side runs off a/c clutch and eaven in summer the high side never turns on , great fans.

For sure ! The low side runs off a/c clutch and eaven in summer the high side never turns on , great fans.

That's a good idea. I might wire mine up like that. I was going to use a probe and controller to have the low and high kick on at different temps, and then a three-way switch inside to be off-programmed-full on. Your way sounds much easier though and just use a relay.

What do the two of them on high pull, amperage wise?

That must be only on 03's as my 05 has the tank on the firewall. I would do what was said earlier and get an 04.5@up setup from a junk yard would be the easiest and probably the cheapest.

That's a good idea. I might wire mine up like that. I was going to use a probe and controller to have the low and high kick on at different temps, and then a three-way switch inside to be off-programmed-full on. Your way sounds much easier though and just use a relay.

What do the two of them on high pull, amperage wise?

It keeps the a/c super cold with them running at the same time the compressor is running. I have no idea how to measure the amps , if you explain how i don't mind doing it , im using a set of grid heater relays with the factory wires from battery to them.I also have a switch to turn high side on manually if i want to.

Last edited:
It keeps the a/c super cold with them running at the same time the compressor is running. I have no idea how to measure the amps , if you explain how i don't mind doing it , im using a set of grid heater relays with the factory wires from battery to them.I also have a switch to turn high side on manually if i want to.

That's not a bad idea (the grid heater relays). I might be able to grab some Powerstroke glow plug relays for cheap, that might do it. I know those suckers are huge.

And unless you have an amp clamp, I dont know of a quick and easy way. But dont worry about it.

Back