Fixing speedometer with 241dhd t-case

97singlecab

Not sure if this has been gone over before but I didn't find anything after searching. I swapped a 241dhd t-case out of an 02 into in my 97 dodge, as most know there was no way to hook up the speedometer. After some research I got ahold of dakota digital and hooked up there SGI-5c box. It takes the signal from your rear abs sensor and converts it so you can hook it up to your speedometer. The box was only 85 bucks and took about an hour to hook up.
2011-08-08_12-57-10_345.jpg

how does it work? speedometer bounce or anything or just like stock? can you adjust for tire size?

Last edited:
You supply key power and ground to the box then run the two wires from the rear diff sensor to it. run the ground to sensor ground and the signal wire to the input. Then run the out 3 to the dash. The abs control module is right behind the dash and you can grab all the signals out of it then run one wire to the back of the dash for the output. You can fine tune it in with the up and down buttons to whatever you want. I set mine while driving with a gps. I can't believe I went so long with out a speedometer over an 85 dollar part.

Also my truck is a fleet truck with out abs but the sensor and control module are still in my truck and wired up. Should be easy to do for anyone with a second gen dodge.

I ordered a stock speedo gear for my DHD and planned on pulling the tail housing, epoxying the gear to the shaft and then drilling the hole for the speedo sensor to go through. My dhd is also from an 02, I have had the speedo gear ($15 bucks) for about 5-6 months and still dont have a working speedo :doh: Just havent got a chance....

Back