Flat Cam?

97regcab12v

Diesel Enthusiast
So i got a little intoxicated and angry and dead revved to im guessing 5000+ it popped a little and quit running, i pulled my valve covers and all valves appear to be closed lol. The exhaust rockers have approx. 1/8-1/4 gaps and the intake rockers are relatively close to being in spec. Had to take the lobes off or bend the fuk out of the push rods right?

It only takes a couple mins to find out if push rods are bent

from phone

I know. Im working out of town at the moment so im not around to tear into it. I figured the pushrods wouldnt bend equally and id atleast have some valves partially open.

Not if you bent all of them! 15 minutes to tear down! What cam are you running?

What did that poor truck ever do to you?:confused:5000+rpms? ouch!

wouldnt have taken the lobes off, floated the valves enough to bend the **** out of the pushrods? sounds about right...

or broke the cam/retainer/slipped gear

Stock cam, I was havin a bad night to say the least..I hope it is just pushrods.

Ive broke a few tappets before.. As well as bent pushrods....

I should get a chance Sunday to tear it down. I will throw some pics on when I find what I did.

Don't you have a carnage thread where you almost lost a few keepers from high revs? Seems to be a pattern here.
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Why yes I do, and yes it is. My pump is a little more than my motor can deal with aparently, and I'm no help to it.

Back