Fleece Performance 14 Channel Datalogger

Brayden

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I want to say thanks to Paul and Ross for taking the time to integrate our Datalogger module and PIDS into the already powerful EFILive scan tool. Our datalogger features 10 channels of temperature via new fast acting RTD temperature probes (GM LMM Duramax) which will give you a range of -40 deg F to over 1900 deg F. The temperature's can be assigned any way you like. They can monitor exhaust temperature or intake air temperature. There are also 4 0-5V inputs for logging parameters such as nitrous pressure, fuel pressure, interstage boost pressures, etc. Two of those inputs can be switched via software (FPE software over USB) to record frequencies. Our primary intention for the frequency inputs were for turbo speeds, but could be used to measure other speeds. The module also has the ability to link to other modules via CAN to expand the capability. Future add-ons include dual axis accelerometer's for those vehicles that aren't equipped and GPS. GPS will allow drag racers and sled pullers to view ground speed versus wheel speed to maximize chassis setup.

In addition to the vehicles that are currently supported, the EFILive Flashscan V2 cable can log our module in a standalone setup. This will allow you to log any engine, vehicle, or whatever you can come up with and display the data in the familiar and easy to use EFILive Scan Tool.

Look for them on our website shortly, at the upcoming diesel events, and check the PID list out in the next EFILive release.

Thanks again!

Brayden Fleece

Fleece Performance Engineering Inc.

Brayden, how fast does the data logger record each reading...meaning, does it log a new value every 250ms or 50ms or ??? Does it log them all at the same time or is it a series type of thing?

Brayden, how fast does the data logger record each reading...meaning, does it log a new value every 250ms or 50ms or ??? Does it log them all at the same time or is it a series type of thing?

We can't send packets faster than 10ms, but there is no reason to collect anywhere near 100 frames per second. I think EFILive can do 40FPS or a frame every 25ms via the serial input.

What do you have in mind?

People need to also look at what the sensor response time it as well as the sample rate. Many of these sensors have response times in the 250 ms range so sampling to fast doesn't buy you anything. Typically a sample rate of 40 hz is a good spot to be at as long as the data is good.

We can't send packets faster than 10ms, but there is no reason to collect anywhere near 100 frames per second. I think EFILive can do 40FPS or a frame every 25ms via the serial input.

What do you have in mind?

I was just curious. I'm using another method and can only get around 250ms with external sensors but can get down to 20 with data from the ECM.

Brayden, if you come to TS, hit me up. I'd enjoy talkin' logger junk with ya over a beer or Mt dew. I'll be the jackass with a mustache and a guitar on stage making fun of retarded folks. :D

I'll have a blowtorch and logger setup in the booth :ft:

Probably not safe around the crazy diesel crowd, but it will give you a good idea of response time from the RTD sensors.

Teaser shots of the V2 capturing our Datalogger stream.

Check out our booth at TS to see it in action!

Attachments

• hibbcdfe.png
    hibbcdfe.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 0
  • jdjgcddj.png
    jdjgcddj.png
    3 KB · Views: 0
  • bchaajha.png
    bchaajha.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 0
I'll have a blowtorch and logger setup in the booth :ft:

Probably not safe around the crazy diesel crowd, but it will give you a good idea of response time from the RTD sensors.

The words "DO A BURNOUT" will have an all new meaning at TS this year...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eku_TVtcZ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eku_TVtcZ8[/ame]

Here's a video of us testing the DataLogger in action.

Brayden

Last edited:
Is that add on box a Murphy XM500? Sure looks like the one under my hood. :D

Back