Fmw 467.7 over s594sxe

Humphrey169

Do you guys(or girls..you know who you are),think an unbenched 215 pump with full cuts and 5x18 injectors will spool these turbos? No real street use mainly strip and truck pulls.

No exhaust housing sizes, no mention of standard or automatic trans, tire size, gearing, or even what vehicle it's in. Lot of factors play into that other than the few details you gave us.

467.7 has a .90 housing. The 594 has a 1.15 undivided. Auto transmission with 2600 stall. Truck weighs 7200lbs at the drag strip and 8500 and 9500 at the pulls. 35 inch dually wheels. 1994 ford f350 crew cab.

Shaved intake,ported head, open bowl marine pistons. 28° timing

At 215 doesn't have enough fuel to push the 594 very hard. The amount of duration the 215 takes to deliver all its fuel will make it feel a lot more lazy than a 13mm pump. I'm sure it will work and make power just not ideal.

I was hoping to run it with what I got but it looks like a 13mm would be the way to go. How far out are most of the builders from shipping it back once it gets to them?

Do you guys(or girls..you know who you are),think an unbenched 215 pump with full cuts and 5x18 injectors will spool these turbos? No real street use mainly strip and truck pulls.

That would very much depend on what the "5x18 injectors" consist of.

Have heard the turbine on the S500's is less than ideal.

It is the same turbine as the S4T used, quite old aerodynamically and often makes less power than the large S400 turbine with a similar size compressor.

Have always wanted to hear or see more on your race truck.

Its sitting under my house covered in dust.
They closed down the local 8th mile track by me and I kinda lost interest.

But a new track is being built not to far away this yr, I'll get back motivated then.

That would very much depend on what the "5x18 injectors" consist of.

So it's kinda embarrassing now, but they are some ebay specials. I got them back in 08 or so. I got a little money to throw at this truck now so what would be a good injector for it?

It is the same turbine as the S4T used, quite old aerodynamically and often makes less power than the large S400 turbine with a similar size compressor.
Dang. This is a new turbo still in the box. Should I return it or run it?

Looks like returning this 594 isn't an option. So I'm gonna run it. Atleast for a year or so. 5x22 injectors has been suggested so which brand should I go with?

Not to throw this off topic but I want to know what your plans are to keep the block alive?

I have plans to do a similar setup but what is stopping me is the power potential the larger charger can make and the limits the stock block can handle. I know its all about torque and how soon the torque comes on.
I'm just curious what you're doing to keep your block alive. If its an aftermarket block then so be it- but if it's a stock block - can you please enlightening me

Back