Fmw 467.7 over s594sxe

Not to throw this off topic but I want to know what your plans are to keep the block alive?

I have plans to do a similar setup but what is stopping me is the power potential the larger charger can make and the limits the stock block can handle. I know its all about torque and how soon the torque comes on.
I'm just curious what you're doing to keep your block alive. If its an aftermarket block then so be it- but if it's a stock block - can you please enlightening me

I have a stock block with 72/88 compounds and my strategies for keeping the block alive are balanced rotating assembly, viscous damper, girdle and 14mm main studs, keeping rpm up (stage at 3650 and shift at 4650). So far I have 60+ passes and almost 80 data logs on this engine and still getting clean oil analysis reports. I change oil every 10 passes.

I've got a girdle, wagler rods and a fluidamper coming for it. 2600 stall should help get rpms where they need to be. I hope anyway. What else should I be looking for or is there something else I need or suggest? I'm still learning so bare with me.

Back