food for thought. front dually adapters between rear dualls

dodgemaniac

I was reading through some old threads on dual rear wheel setups and it got me thinking.

Say the rules for the class did not say anything against overall width would there be a benefit of say, running a front dually adapter in between the rear dual's even if it was not needed to get them to mount up? i.e. just to space the outside dual out wider?

Sounds like a bearings worse nightmare.

How so? Not saying you're wrong, just curious of your thinking. I could see it being hard on the bearings if run between the axle and inner dual, but I cant see it being an issue running it between the duals.

They won't fit without maching the centers out to go over the end of the axle. Factore in machine work and you could buy a set off fleaby for the same money or less

They won't fit without maching the centers out to go over the end of the axle. Factore in machine work and you could buy a set off fleaby for the same money or less

I have access to a lathe so that wouldn't be an issue. But say it was 6 inches worth of aluminum spacers then? I'm thinking more in the areas of is there a benefit traction wise? tires don't touch as it is. The thread I was reading was stating how having a small gap made the truck act like it had 6 tires instead of 4 wide ones. That's what got me thinking if there would be more of a benefit of spacing them even wider rules permitting.

I have access to a lathe so that wouldn't be an issue. But say it was 6 inches worth of aluminum spacers then? I'm thinking more in the areas of is there a benefit traction wise? tires don't touch as it is. The thread I was reading was stating how having a small gap made the truck act like it had 6 tires instead of 4 wide ones. That's what got me thinking if there would be more of a benefit of spacing them even wider rules permitting.

I would say there isn't any added traction. Not to mention they aren't going to be real thick after you get done maching them and they are cast. If the tires don't touch I wouldn't worry with doing it but that's just me.

I would say there isn't any added traction. Not to mention they aren't going to be real thick after you get done maching them and they are cast. If the tires don't touch I wouldn't worry with doing it but that's just me.

What if by doing so that outside dual was effectively in a new tire path?

Would not need to machine anything if it is set up like the op states. axle, rim, adapter outer rim.

Back