ford dana 60 componets help

not enoughsmoke

floatin in tha gulf
ok i need obs dana 60 steering linkage found this does this look right
SUSPENSION+STEERING FORD F350 4WD 85-88-89-90-92-95-97 - eBay (item 130493081921 end time Apr-01-11 12:10:47 PDT)
lookin at a solid spool is this the right splines?
DANA 60 FULL SPOOL 35 SPLINES, 4.10 & DOWN GEAR RATIO - eBay (item 260756887599 end time Apr-21-11 02:54:20 PDT)
i also found a 9300 lb winch do u think it will be enough for my 89 fummins 4door long bed?
IMG_20110319_102437.jpg
[/

i also found a 9300 lb winch do u think it will be enough for my 89 fummins 4door long bed?

General rule of thumb when purchasing a winch to go on a truck Chase is get one rated for one and a half times the weight of the truck.

We found the 12k MileMarker on our gooseneck on sale on Ebay for $550....been WELL worth its weight in gold the few times we've NEEDED it!!

do u use a snatch block? i have a harbor freight one on my trailer same as mile marker parts asre the same as well half the cost too

Why are you going to put a spool in the front?

1 the front axle is torn completly down
2 i hate when u have a truck that has 4x4 and only one front wheel pulls when u get stuck
3 price
4 why not? i am gonna run locout hubs would it be a problem?

do u use a snatch block? i have a harbor freight one on my trailer same as mile marker parts asre the same as well half the cost too

No we have never used a snatch block on ours, its always done fine just straight line pulling. I say ours is a 10K...my cuz swears its a 12k? :what:

well let me know whatcha think got smoke?
Rough Country RS12000 Electric Winch

:eek: WOW! Nice price...wish it came with the winch rope instead of that cable for that price! LOL Rope alone would be $200....I've priced it for ours! I like the fact that that winch has a metal clutch lever. Our MM is plastic and the reverse solenoid is out on ours and without being able to release the tension I'm always afraid I'm gonna snap it. I also like the fact that that one has a pistol grip remote...ours is a flimsy soft plastic remote...but it works.

Why are you going to put a spool in the front?

Lock out hubs = NO WORRIES :rockwoot:

1 the front axle is torn completly down
2 i hate when u have a truck that has 4x4 and only one front wheel pulls when u get stuck
3 price
4 why not? i am gonna run locout hubs would it be a problem?

5 ...why haven't your ordered it already? LOL

No we have never used a snatch block on ours, its always done fine just straight line pulling. I say ours is a 10K...my cuz swears its a 12k? :what:
this Warn 28881 Snatch Block 8000 lbs./3629 kg Capacity

:eek: WOW! Nice price...wish it came with the winch rope instead of that cable for that price! LOL Rope alone would be $200....I've priced it for ours! I like the fact that that winch has a metal clutch lever. Our MM is plastic and the reverse solenoid is out on ours and without being able to release the tension I'm always afraid I'm gonna snap it. I also like the fact that that one has a pistol grip remote...ours is a flimsy soft plastic remote...but it works.

there next model up is synthetic rope $100 more

Lock out hubs = NO WORRIES :rockwoot:

kinda what i was thinkin

5 ...why haven't your ordered it already? LOL

just got done tranfering 73,000 gallons of diesel :rockwoot:

just got done tranfering 73,000 gallons of diesel :rockwoot:

I know what a snatch block is smartazz :kick: LOL I was a four wheeling junkie before I was a diesel junkie. Probably gonna start easing back towards wheeling soon...its more family oriented..and cheaper. :hehe:

We just don't have a need for one using a winch on our gooseneck. We always just pull straight up onto the deck.

Ahh...working hard so big oil can :kick: us too huh...LOL Be safe out there.

I know what a snatch block is smartazz :kick: LOL I was a four wheeling junkie before I was a diesel junkie. Probably gonna start easing back towards wheeling soon...its more family oriented..and cheaper. :hehe:

We just don't have a need for one using a winch on our gooseneck. We always just pull straight up onto the deck.

Ahh...working hard so big oil can :kick: us too huh...LOL Be safe out there.

i am headed in the same direction i am done pulling.

we got to tranfer 2 more trips of 73,000 gallons i am glad i am not paying the fuel bill lol

this fummins is for my wife and when we do have a family lol
I called her yesterday and asked carpet of vinyl foor in the fummins. She said vinyl cause she said she could already hear it "momma i spilt my drink " lol

Here you go Chase.

Before you know you'll have one of these runnin off with your tools.

0924101738a.jpg

The only reason I was asking about a spool is your wife ever going to need 4 wheel drive on the street,snow or ice.Cause a spooled front end will suck on the road.I would do a good posi or an ARB.

Back