found on another forum, very touching

I have to be honest, I have a daughter that is a driving 16 y/o... that damn near scares me to tears!!

as far as the reconstructive surgery goes i know how that kid felt sortof i got kicked by my horse in the face and broke 6 bones on the left side of my face crushed my sinus cavity and broke the bone that it like the floor for your eye ball and now i have 3 titanium plates and 6 screws holding them together
its pretty weird how they do the surgery doesnt feel well though

Goodness. I have a 18 year old daughter and a 16 year old daughter. That freaks me out. I'm gonna make sure the 16 year old drives a 3 cyl metro with 2 dead cyl now.
My 13 yr old son doesnt stand a chance on getting a fast car.

Goodness. I have a 18 year old daughter and a 16 year old daughter. That freaks me out. I'm gonna make sure the 16 year old drives a 3 cyl metro with 2 dead cyl now.
My 13 yr old son doesnt stand a chance on getting a fast car.

that's what my dad said and now i'm 17 with a f350 with enough torque to rip down a skyscraper

i watched this video last nite and my gf saw it she broke down and cried cause she had a friend just die in a wreck like this guy had and it makes you think thats for sure

I see things like this and sometimes wonder how I got so lucky. I had a 400+ hp street car when I was 16. I drove like an idiot teenager. The worst I ever got was a bruise on my elbow and an ass-whoopin from my dad.

as far as the reconstructive surgery goes i know how that kid felt sortof i got kicked by my horse in the face and broke 6 bones on the left side of my face crushed my sinus cavity and broke the bone that it like the floor for your eye ball and now i have 3 titanium plates and 6 screws holding them together
its pretty weird how they do the surgery doesnt feel well though

I saw a little Amish girl, maybe 4 or 5 that got kicked in the face by a draft horse at a horse show I was at a couple of years back. I don't know if her family was against reconstructive surgery or if they didn't have the money, or what, but man, I got teary eyed just looking at her. The little girl had GUTS though!! She marched right up to the 18.2 hand tall Percheron I was showing and started petting him. She was 3 feet tall tops, and came up to my horses knees.

I'm scared of the day my little girl starts driving. Hopefully she will be in a truck if she ever gets in any type of accident and not some little plastic car.

The best way to understand your parents is to become a parent. The first time my son was late coming home from a night out with his friends I called and apoligized to my mother because I realized the things I had put her through. It's tough to raise a child and then let them go.
Be safe out there boys and girls you owe your parents that at least.

The best way to understand your parents is to become a parent. The first time my son was late coming home from a night out with his friends I called and apoligized to my mother because I realized the things I had put her through. It's tough to raise a child and then let them go.
Be safe out there boys and girls you owe your parents that at least.

So true!!!:clap:

I always told my parents not to worry if I didn't come home the first night, because they probably didn't want to know where I was...but If they hadn't seen me by the second night, they'd better call the jail:D
I wasn't that wild, but we did/do some stupid things now and then, but so far, no one has gotten hurt. We've noticed more and more "close calls" now that there are a few more of us in the group, so we'll be toning it down a couple notches this summer. Just enough to still have some fun.

Sorry to see that playing around got this guy in the end, but at least he's learned something. That's something that not everyone can say. I've seen teenage girls wreck 2 or 3 new cars until they finally figure out how to drive, but somehow, the parents never figure out to quit buying those $40K vehicles.

That's why my trucks high speed runs will be limited to the track...if I ever get it there!
Chris

If I ever was considering trading my #8000 truck with enough iron on the front to tangle with a train for a little fuel efficient ricer....I just changed my mind. I'll keep the truck. Not that it is any reason to drive like an idiot, but at least it won't fold up like a pop can. Growing up in a wrecker truck with my father I've seen lots of crap like this. It is sad and all boils down to keeping your foot off the pedal...period. I feel sorry for the dude. That really sucks. We pulled in a t-top trans-am once off Hubbard Road. They boys were sitting on the top with the cruise control set driving with feet. Needless to say when it went through a barbed wire fence, some wires broke but the top two went right up the hood, up the windshield, you know the rest.

Well Chris, don't let this go to your head but, I don't know too many guys your age with the responsibilities you have. I don't think your folks have to worry about you ending up in jail or upside down along the road.
The rest of your crew............ I'm not sure about.:hehe:

Well Chris, don't let this go to your head but, I don't know too many guys your age with the responsibilities you have. I don't think your folks have to worry about you ending up in jail or upside down along the road.
The rest of your crew............ I'm not sure about.:hehe:

Yeah, I guess...these "responsibilities" are starting to suck though:hehe::hehe: I pushed snow all day yesterday just to give the employees someplace to park...I still say let the get stuck, and we'll worry about it later!

And I'm with you on the rest of the crew:kick:
Chris

Mixed feelings about that movie........

Wonder if he was racing or just going fast?

Anyway.....

I planned on giving my truck to one of my kids if i ever have any and if they ever turn 16.

May have to reconsider.:badidea:

When my kids get ready to get behind the wheel, they are going to a performance driving school, and I will take them racing with me.

See, even if your kid drives well, you cannot control the other idiots. Nothing teaches accident avoidance better than racing. AutoX (Solo2) teaches you to drive a street car at it's limits without going over them. It's cheap and available all over the US.

PS - For those who do not know, an SRT-4 Neon is not a beginner car. It is a FWD turbo car with roughly 220whp from the factory, or twice the power of a normal economy car. I can't believe parents who buy their kids racecars when they turn 16 and ***** when their kid dies that summer.

Yea I seen a SRT-4 turn 330 on a dyno about a month ago and they said it was all stock!

When my kids get ready to get behind the wheel, they are going to a performance driving school, and I will take them racing with me.

See, even if your kid drives well, you cannot control the other idiots. Nothing teaches accident avoidance better than racing. AutoX (Solo2) teaches you to drive a street car at it's limits without going over them. It's cheap and available all over the US.

This is so true, i began racing shifter karts when I was 9. Now in the case of an emergancy, U dont panick, jerk the wheel, and lock down the brakes.

Back