FP Isolator

zukgod1

Old fart
So I removed my Autometer FP gauge some time ago, it was a POS. Ok maybe it was the FASS pushing it past the 15psi ?
Anywho. I was thinking of using the Isolator from that set up on my current Diprocol gauge.

Any reason this wont work?
I think it does say on the isolator 15 psi max cant remember at the moment.

I may have fun trying to adapt 1/8" flare to 1/8" compression and 1/8" flare to 1/8" pipe.

I was going to install a needle valve but finding a 1/8" needle valve seems to be a pain in the a$$, I can fing 1/4" all day long.

Ideas? Suggestions?

dan

Use the 1/4, a needle valve is a needle valve.

OTOH, going from flare to compression fittings is no big deal, most part houses will have those pieces.

That's right, bow down before the God of "make it work" LOL LOL

Seriously though, you have 1/8 comp fittings on the end of your gauge line, use a 1/8 MPT x 1/8 MCP fitting into a 1/4 x 1/8 bushing into your 1/4 needle valve. That takes care of the output side, I have no idea what the input setup is like so I can't offer you to much advice there.

Got it, ran to EVCO durring lunch and picked up a 1/4" needle valve and bushings to go to 1/8" compression.

All fixed up now.

dan

That sure is allot nicer, no more fuel pressure buzzing.

Now if I could just find that damn squeek. Sounds like sheet metal rubbing on sheet metal but I cant find it to save me life.

dan

Check where the lower part of the front fender attaches to the cab, there is a small tab there that can break and cause a rubbing sound. Did on mine until the pieces wore themselves some seperation.

Billysgoat said:
Check where the lower part of the front fender attaches to the cab, there is a small tab there that can break and cause a rubbing sound. Did on mine until the pieces wore themselves some seperation.

I will certinally check there however, I cut all that chi off when I first installed the 38's. after the extra 3" I wouldnt have needed to do so. I wouldn't doubt for a second it could be comming from that area though.

Thankyou :thankyou2: thankyou:thankyou2:

I'll be ripping into the suspension this weekend also do grease the livving crap out of the bushings even though it sounds like sheet metal.

dan

Back