Franklin County Fair July 17, 18 Hilliard, Ohio

Everyone read the rules on this one. It is a 2.8 class and twins with 2.8 atmosphere turbo all in the same class. Lot of seperation isnt there. Also nitrous, propane are allowed. Lots of people have already said they wont be attending this one.

Jeremy

Man i bet that took days of thinking to come up with those rules. Why even have any????

2.8 final

Hey Jeremy what's the deal....? *bdh*
You have wanted this and it was an open single no twins class in the past, and this year we capped it to 2.8 charger...? Tell the whole story would you ?

It has been said that fair pulls say no drugs but no one looks or they look the other way when seen. Well last year 12 trucks un hooked water or nitrous and another 9 got thrown out after they pulled because they used it and because it was not found prior to pull. This was out of 44 trucks. So if half the field had it and were using it everywhere why not just allow it for everyone ???? Less rules less complaining and by the way it's a fair pull so were not supposed to care remember... :Cheer:

I have never wanted this. I had to work with what you guys gave me on what you wanted and I gave guidelines on what would be close. Its just flat out stupid that you have a 2.8 class and in the same class you have twins with 2.8 atmoshpere. And the whole drugs issue, we do look for them, it is not that common for people to have them when they are coming to a pull that doesnt allow them. You guys need someone that knows something about the diesel world to come up with the rules instead of 2 gas guys. How many gas classes allow nitrous? Why would diesel be any different? Also water injection and nitrous are not even close. water with meth may get you closer to nitrous but not water alone. Im not sure where you are getting all you info but check elsewhere. Also if these guys want the drugs where are they, on these forums you have guys posting that they dont want them, I have only seen Sting want them, and he wont be there. What a joke, you'd be better off not having the pull. Get some antique tractors in there, it would probably fit better for ya.

Alright for the sake of stop the b***hing, change this year to a 2.6 charger rule and hood stacks allowed no drugs ???
If no checking how to police it....? I will change and explain it Honestly beleived it was not a big deal to run 2.8 charger and allow drugs......I want everone to get along, just difference of opinions and seeing in the same subjuct. I am not an antique'r type, and do understand gas and diesel but tried to OPEN it up with smaller charger.... Let me know or call me I just get your voice mail...

I talked to Brandan today, show up and pull and see how things go. If anyone has a complaint or comment the drivers meeting would be a good place to voice that. Good luck to all.

jeremy

Hey Jeremy what's the deal....? *bdh*
You have wanted this and it was an open single no twins class in the past, and this year we capped it to 2.8 charger...? Tell the whole story would you ?

It has been said that fair pulls say no drugs but no one looks or they look the other way when seen. Well last year 12 trucks un hooked water or nitrous and another 9 got thrown out after they pulled because they used it and because it was not found prior to pull. This was out of 44 trucks. So if half the field had it and were using it everywhere why not just allow it for everyone ???? Less rules less complaining and by the way it's a fair pull so were not supposed to care remember... :Cheer:

Here is the problem the, you need people to tech that dont care who someone is and will do there job.

And I'm not even going to get started on the rules for this event.

If you want someone to tech contact me I would hate to see this pull go down the tubes

and when they do tech make the d-max guys pull the intake off and plug that ****..... 2.65 plug and if we get real mean we can make them take off the compressor housing to check the 100mm rule:pop:

so with all this talk i am unsure of what the rules are. can someone clarify please. why dont you just run the same rules as EEP which allow different classes and different charger sizes. EEP has the rules for each class ALREADY made so it would be easy to go by.

and when they do tech make the d-max guys pull the intake off and plug that ****..... 2.65 plug and if we get real mean we can make them take off the compressor housing to check the 100mm rule:pop:

the only thing i have to say with this is, is that you have to be patient then. it is no quick thing to do and if you have never done it before it is going to take a long while to do so. i have been in this situation twice already i know what its like. its ok to make them pull the intake housing off but it takes awhile.

Rules

Jeremy, I didn't say I wanted NOS in. I just said many run it and hide it. When they had to dq a bunch of people last year they are just tired of the crying. There is many GOOD running trucks, many legal, some not. If they want to get checking real good I bet half the class will get dq for something.

I think it is retarded that you cant run nitrous or water or porpane its a pull. power is power let them run whatever but yes limit the charger and such. I think it is dumb that someone would cry because they got beat by a truck with nitrous if thats the case can I cry that someone has more money than me to put in there truck... dq them for being rich?:stab:

the duramaxs should still have to take the intake off regardless I know a couple trucks running illegal chargers some dodges also. the point is its cheating, if I cant run nitrous they shouldnt be aloud to run the chargers.

I think it is retarded that you cant run nitrous or water or porpane its a pull. power is power let them run whatever but yes limit the charger and such. I think it is dumb that someone would cry because they got beat by a truck with nitrous if thats the case can I cry that someone has more money than me to put in there truck... dq them for being rich?:stab:

the duramaxs should still have to take the intake off regardless I know a couple trucks running illegal chargers some dodges also. the point is its cheating, if I cant run nitrous they shouldnt be aloud to run the chargers.

What's the difference between an illegal charger and running nos? That was a pretty dumb statement. You can hide your nos and that's ok? :lolly: :stab:

limit the turbo to a 2.6 and run nitrous if thay wanted to theres guys who make 400hp on a 2.6 and guys who make 700 on a 2.6 how is that fair. make things interesting competitive..... the guy with 700hp trys to put nitrous on his truck the charger isnt going to last but one pull, if that! so its not unfair or anything. if somebody is dumb enough to put a 300 shot on a bone stock truck and blows it up who cares its still fun to watch.*nx*

If you think it's retarded don't pull, those are the rules. In this area there are many damn good running 2.6 trucks that are legal because the owners have built thier truck around a set of rules that have been around for a while granted with the change of the turbo size everything else has been the same for the street class

if somebody is dumb enough to put a 300 shot on a bone stock truck and blows it up who cares its still fun to watch.*nx*

No, It's dangerous towards the crowd because the kind of people what would that wont have the right safety equipment.

if im not too busy at the shop ill come tech if needed. you need to get a tech like that asshole down at london, he even kick out a customer.

ted

So is this a 2.6 class OR still the 2.8 class.....If its 2.6 i will show up to pull. If not I will Watch......Craig dont you run the outville pull also? If so state some rules and classes for that pull!!!! I personally attended and pulled both places last year and would like to do so again this year, Eric

No, It's dangerous towards the crowd because the kind of people what would that wont have the right safety equipment. ???????

thats the stupidist thing ive heard. so 700hp on fuel only is safer than 700hp on nitrous????? nitrous will not blow up if caught on fire.. fast and the furious got you all scared?:shake: there is no difference in safety with a 700hp truck on nitrous than a 700hp fuel only truck, propand a different story water meth is the same as nitrous though.

Back